Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Patterns?

double j
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Patterns?

Post by double j »

My daughter makes designs out of these beads all the time. My question is where are yall getting your patterns from? I have seen some great ideas that I would love to try and my daughter has found some also. Thanks for helping out the new guy :help:

Unorez
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Re: Patterns?

Post by Unorez »

There are multiple ways of getting patterns. It all kinda boils down to this: how big of a project do you want to do.

Small: usually you can just eyeball these and place the beads

Medium: you can still eyeball these but it might get a bit difficult for a child to simply look and place

Large: I'd highly advise you to NOT eyeball these. I personally do just look and place but that's cuz I use this hobby as a pseudo meditation exercise. This can be a VERY taxing exercise if you are just in it to make a piece.

Look on Google for a program called KG-Chart LE for Cross Stitch. It was made specificly for Cross Stitching but...somehow...you can use it to make a very simple diagram for a Perler Bead Project.

Hope this information was usefull and not just some rambling mess ^^

riotpatch
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by riotpatch »

I only use MS Paint for my patterns.
I load up the sprite and zoom in to 800%.
Go to view and select gridlines and then I just go from there.
If the pattern is huge, I break up the image into 29x29 pixel squares (the size of a pegboard).

There is always PerlerPal.com you could try.
It's great because they give you a bead count as well so you know how much of one colour you will need.

Cerity
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by Cerity »

I use this very helpful website if I have a sprite in mind: http://perlerpal.com/
Depending on the selection of beads you have, using the "perler" "perler+hama" or "perler+hama+nabbi" options in the palette dropdown menu can give you an idea of what colors you want to use! I use the different palettes to help me pick out what colors I want to buy from michelle (best bead supplier ever!) to make a specific piece if I have a particular one in mind.

double j
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by double j »

Thanks for the ideas. Now I least know who to get started. I cross stitch alot but looking for something new also and this look great. Thanks again :clapping: