Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Final Fantasy X Art

all non-video game related pattern requests...
quisty244
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Final Fantasy X Art

Post by quisty244 »

Hi!

I'm thinking I'd like to do this picture in cross-stitch: http://www.galbadiax.com/ff10/screens/yuna.jpg

Dimensions perhaps 300 x 200 stitches or whatever's proportionate. I'm comfortable doing large amounts of colors (e.g. up to 60), but there ends up being a fine balance between "enough colors so it stays pretty" and "accessible to less insane stitchers". ^_^

I hope this is enough information.... This is the first request I've posted, so I don't know if this is insane or not, but I'm all about insane! (ex. here's the project I finished a few months ago in 12" by 24": http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3 ... d=59507523)

Thanks so much in advance!! This whole site is certifiably amazing!

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: Final Fantasy X Art

Post by blackmageheart »

Hi and welcome to Sprite Stitch!

I've given your Yuna pic a go and ran it through both KGChart and PCStitch... made em 203x287 on 18ct aida and asked the programs to limit to no more than 60 colours. Here's the patterns I got:
Spoiler
Yuna (60) STH.jpg
Yuna (60) STH.jpg (74.55 KiB) Viewed 6844 times
Yuna (60).sth
(203.01 KiB) Downloaded 419 times
55 colours
Spoiler
Yuna (60) PAT.jpg
Yuna (60) PAT.jpg (225.19 KiB) Viewed 6852 times
Yuna (60).PAT
(688.21 KiB) Downloaded 353 times
60 colours

I couldn't decide which pattern was better, the programs use different thread colours - you'll have to have a look and see what you like :D
As a sort of guide, when not limiting the colours, KGC wanted to use 90 and PCS wanted to use 288!! Insane? I think so.

If you need pdfs or any other help with this pattern, post back here and I'll be happy to help!!
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

quisty244
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by quisty244 »

Gaaaa, 288 colors?! Really, at that point, you could just go to the craft store and buy one of every DMC color.... ^_^ Thanks so much! I'll post the finished product when I'm done!

quisty244
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by quisty244 »

Actually.... I'm trying to open these files with the special viewing software and it's not working....... Is there any way to get pdfs or Jpegs of them?

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Here ya go!

pdf of the .sth:
Yuna (60) STH.pdf
(2.16 MiB) Downloaded 542 times
pdf of the .pat:
Yuna (60) PAT.pdf
(157.17 KiB) Downloaded 452 times
Hope that helps!

By the way, I'd recommend getting KGChart (it's free and most of the patterns here use it) and PCStitch (there's a free trial of it available and I think there's also a free pattern viewer program too).
Links here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1008

^^
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...