Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Using KG Chart and Making Patterns

SephreniaMusic
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Re: Using KG Chart and Making Patterns (Updated 03/05/09)

Post by SephreniaMusic »

Servotron wrote:A Small Note on using Text

When using text in a project, be sure to turn off Anti-Aliasing. This will turn off the smoothness of the letters, making them unblurry and making them pixellated.
(Results will vary depending on what font you are using).
015.jpg
Where do I find Anti-Aliasing?

Servotron
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Re: Using KG Chart and Making Patterns

Post by Servotron »

SephreniaMusic wrote:Where do I find Anti-Aliasing?
What program are you using?
Image Image Image Image

SephreniaMusic
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by SephreniaMusic »

I was looking for it in KG Chart. So you used it in GIMP or?

I'm using photoshop normally for working with pictures, but I'm not very good at it. I'm thinking of getting GIMP since it's free and you used it in your instructions so I can follow the guidelines, at least until I feel more secure in my pattern making. I really appreciate all your help both in this thread and others :D

Servotron
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by Servotron »

SephreniaMusic wrote:I was looking for it in KG Chart. So you used it in GIMP or?

I'm using photoshop normally for working with pictures, but I'm not very good at it. I'm thinking of getting GIMP since it's free and you used it in your instructions so I can follow the guidelines, at least until I feel more secure in my pattern making. I really appreciate all your help both in this thread and others :D
It's not something you find in KG Chart, it's only in graphics programs like Photoshop and Paint.net. It basically turns the smoothing off and makes everything pixilated.
Image Image Image Image

SephreniaMusic
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by SephreniaMusic »

Ok thanks. My sister has tweaked a pattern in KG chart and want to get a picture in .jpg to show. we can't find how to do that. Can you help us please? We have tried changing to real view and then exporting it has worked on a pattern I made and on an earlier version of the one she's working on but when we try exactly the same thing with this one it says it works with saving as .jpg but then it is nowhere to be found :sorry:

VioletUltra
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by VioletUltra »

I'm using stitchtastic for os x and I can't get the height and width to give me the 1stitch/1pixel ratio. I opened photoshop and got the pixel dimensions, but when I enter those into stitchtastic, the file is huge. Also, the smaller the image gets (and closer to what I think should be correct size), the blurrier everything gets. I'm not sure how to fix this :(
:tri -Violet Ultra

SephreniaMusic
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by SephreniaMusic »

I'm working on a pattern for the September swap and can't get a grip on it. When importing to KG-chart I give the right size but when it shows in 1x wish I think should mean the actual sice it's a lot smaller then the size I put in and when I enlarge it it doesn't look good at all. Any input is VERY welcome, I really want this to work.

riotpatch
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by riotpatch »

SephreniaMusic wrote:I'm working on a pattern for the September swap and can't get a grip on it. When importing to KG-chart I give the right size but when it shows in 1x wish I think should mean the actual sice it's a lot smaller then the size I put in and when I enlarge it it doesn't look good at all. Any input is VERY welcome, I really want this to work.
When you import the image and you're entering the same numbers as "Org. width" and "Org. height" on the right hand side, it should be working.
When you say "enlarge" do you mean, zooming in on the pattern?
Using 4x and greater, you should see the pattern clearly.
If the pattern is hard to see, maybe take off the mesh or the mark under "View".
Hopes this helps a little.

SephreniaMusic
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by SephreniaMusic »

But when I import it I need to change it so it's not to large. But when I tried it your way to see how it looked I realized that when KG-chart says it's 1x it's not the actual size of the pattern as I thought "feels silly" I should have realized that. Thank you so much for helping me. Now I guess I just have to jump in at the deep end and try my first pattern created by myself.

SephreniaMusic
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by SephreniaMusic »

New question... I'm fairly satisfied with my pattern but there are a few colors that are only 1 stitch and is very close to colors there is more of. How do I change it?