Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Need help with a Monkey Island pattern

all non-video game related pattern requests...
Sharantyr
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Need help with a Monkey Island pattern

Post by Sharantyr »

Hello, this is my first time posting here, but I've been visiting for awhile. I just finished a Sonic-themed pattern that I got off here, and I want to do a Monkey Island picture for my husband (its his favorite game of all time) next. It's my first time trying to make my own pattern and I'm running into trouble turning a jpg into a pattern. I've been fiddling with it in KG-Stitch, but am not happy with it. Specifically, Guybrush's face is blurry. I'm attaching the picture I want to use. I would like it to be maybe 12x10 total, basically decent size but small enough to be able to fit on a 15x18 piece of 18 count Aida (with room for framing). As for number of colors, I've tried it with both 37 colors and 57. The 57 gives more details, but Guybrush's face is still blurry, and I can't get good contrast on LeChuck's (the pirate) beard. Obviously less colors would be better, but I'm more interested in being able to get decent detail than trying to keep it in the 30s. more than 57 is probably way to much though. Just in case it be easier to turn into a pattern, I'm going to attach another Monkey Island picture, with just LeChuck this time. It's lighter, might make it easier. Either one would work. If someone could help me with this that would be awesome. I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Shar
Attachments
2nd Monkey Island picture (this would work too)
2nd Monkey Island picture (this would work too)
Lechuck_by_JaviGarcia.jpg (122.38 KiB) Viewed 4220 times
1st monkey island picture, this is the one I've been trying to get to work.
1st monkey island picture, this is the one I've been trying to get to work.
m_island-03.jpg (135.54 KiB) Viewed 4222 times

Caiella
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Re: Need help with a Monkey Island pattern

Post by Caiella »

Jpgs = annoying to make patterns out of lol.

On it now, working on the 2nd pattern first. Thanks so much for all the details, makes it so much easier :)

Edit: Down to 47 colours, I wouldn't go any lower. I can't do it... =/ Good luck :)
Monkey Island Experiment.png
Monkey Island Experiment.png (45.11 KiB) Viewed 4187 times

Sharantyr
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Re: Need help with a Monkey Island pattern

Post by Sharantyr »

Thank you so much! That is definitely more detailed than I was able to get it. 49 colors is fine, as long as its not like an outrageous number (60/70+ probably would qualify) I'm good. Is there a way for you to post the pattern (the sth file), or does it need to be emailed? Am very glad for your help, we're going to the beach for a week for a family reunion soon, and I was so hoping to have a project to work on in the evenings. It will make my husband very happy too.