Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Duke3D

Post your completed patterns here...
leslie_nester
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Duke3D

Post by leslie_nester »

I need some opinions/help with this pattern. All I did so far was imported the sprite into KG Chart and deleted the pink background. Does it look decent as is or does it need some tweaking? I'm just beginning to be familiar with KG Chart, so can someone please help me out? Thanks a lot!
Attachments
duke3d.sth
(20.4 KiB) Downloaded 309 times

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: Duke3D

Post by blackmageheart »

Looks ok to me, but a little dark for my preferences :P Do you have the original sprite, and can you post it for comparison?
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

leslie_nester
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by leslie_nester »

Here's the sprite. I thought it looked a little dark too.
Attachments
Duke.png
Duke.png (2.82 KiB) Viewed 4438 times

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Ok, wasn't sure about the colours KGChart was outputting so tried PCStitch - I took a screenshot of each and here's what we got:

KGChart on the left, PCStitch on the right.
Spoiler
dukecomparison.PNG
dukecomparison.PNG (33.79 KiB) Viewed 4361 times
Now, these are just the on-screen representations and so don't quite reflect the thread colours in real life, but PCStitch uses a lot more colours and some very different ones.

Here is a PDF of the PCStitch pattern - imported and no changes made (I let the program do it's thing):
duke3d.pdf
(46.23 KiB) Downloaded 304 times

Of course, if you want to stick with KG then that's fine but there's an option for ya :P
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

leslie_nester
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by leslie_nester »

Wow, that's a lot of colors. I'll have to look through my floss and see what colors I need. It does look a ton better, but I doubt I have all those colors.

I'll definitely do the PC Stitch version, though. Thanks!

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Yeah it is a lot of colours, most of them will probably end up being only a few stitches. But, the overall effect will be good (I think so anyway!).

Good luck with it! ^^