Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

What kind of hero are you?

all non-video game related pattern requests...
dvdwojnar
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

What kind of hero are you?

Post by dvdwojnar »

I was wondering, would it be possible for someone to help me with a pattern for this? I planned on leaving it black and white, and it can be as big as needed. I'm really just concerned about the image coming across good quality. Oh, and don't pay any attention to the heros logo at the bottom (on the zoomed-out view).

Patterns of individual blocks would be great too! I can understand that those would probably end up pretty big as it is...
Spoiler
close-1
close-1
d_10655.jpg (35.19 KiB) Viewed 6932 times
close-2
close-2
d_10656.jpg (40.75 KiB) Viewed 6929 times
Spoiler
full-view
full-view
d_10654.jpg (19.79 KiB) Viewed 6919 times
I found the images at various sites and blogs who showed the shirt/pattern. I don't think I was able to find any better images, but I can check if anyone wants.

Thank you for any and all help! :D

Darth Knitious
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Re: What kind of hero are you?

Post by Darth Knitious »

I also couldn't find any better images, which is unfortunate. I've started building the patterns in KG-Chart, trying to fix the skew issue, and refining the letters and pattern in just black and white. The letters between the two probably won't match exactly, I hope you don't mind! If you want, I could re-do the pattern, and make a master lettering chart so that by the time I'm finished, all of the lettering will match perfectly. As it is, I think it'll look alright.

I'll continue to update this thread as I finish blocks.

Clairvoyance:
clairvoyance.jpg
clairvoyance.jpg (8.27 KiB) Viewed 6680 times
clairvoyance.sth
(5.07 KiB) Downloaded 232 times
Cryokinesis:
cryo.jpg
cryo.jpg (10.08 KiB) Viewed 6679 times
cryokinesis.sth
(6.37 KiB) Downloaded 245 times

dvdwojnar
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by dvdwojnar »

Sweet!

The letters don't matter too much, so that's fine. I mainly was looking to make the images to go with the text.

Thank you so much for messing with it, though! After I posted this, I kinda came to the realization that "Oh, you can't exactly plug that image into a stitch program." I was planning on redrawing it in photoshop or something once summer finally got here, then post that or make a pattern. I didn't think anyone would attempt this, but I'm happily proven wrong.

Again, thanks for the great work! Let me know if you want some help with making the bitmap for any of the blocks.

Darth Knitious
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by Darth Knitious »

No worries! I'm actually really enjoying cleaning up the lines in the program. It's a nice break from writing my final paper for class. :P I'll have more up tomorrow, I'm already working on the dream manipulation one. This is a pretty sweet design, so thanks for posting it up!

Lord Libidan
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Lord Libidan »

oh my word. space-time manipulation. I'm not even sure if thats possible in cross stitch. :P good luck.

Lord Libidan
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Lord Libidan »

Ok, so that space time thing got me thinking. i bullied myself into working out how to do it. :P although that may take some time, and in the mean time, i did something else.

I noticed that Darth Knitious's patterns were asymetrical, so fiddled with them slightly (mainly the borders, the inside was good) so they are all the same, so they look better all together. I put his two in a grid, where the others shall go, and when anyone does one i'll add it in, and make a super pattern. I didnt put the words in, as you said you werent that bothered, but can do that if you do want them. its only a paint document atm, where all the patterns can go and after that someone/i can make a .pdf or whatever out of it.
hero.png
hero.png (10.79 KiB) Viewed 6610 times
I hope dark doesnt mind that i fiddled with his patterns slightly, and please continue to make more of them, as some of them look pretty difficult, not sure i could handle the whole thing on my own.

also, this is a really nice project, i may even have to do them myself. and if there is interest may add colour to these too. is it just me, or do they remind anyone else of the portal signs?
http://technabob.com/blog/wp-content/up ... xstisi.jpg

Asinine
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Asinine »

Lord Libidan wrote:oh my word. space-time manipulation. I'm not even sure if thats possible in cross stitch. :P good luck.
Backstitch ftw. :grin:
I'm too poor to pwn, so I r3nt.

Lord Libidan
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Lord Libidan »

Asinine wrote:
Lord Libidan wrote:oh my word. space-time manipulation. I'm not even sure if thats possible in cross stitch. :P good luck.
Backstitch ftw. :grin:
ooo, i think you got something there...

also, heres an update. 7 down. my eyes hurt so i'm gunna leave it there for now. might come back to it today, depends what i'm doing. just to confirm, is this all ok? i'd hate to be doing something you didnt want... tbh, i think it needs the text to look right, but i'd leave that with you.
hero.png
hero.png (12.91 KiB) Viewed 6597 times
each "block" is 75ish pixels squared. so thats... 5 inches on 14 count. 4 inches on 18 count. 3.5 inches on 22.

dvdwojnar
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by dvdwojnar »

Aw, wow. You really went to town on the image, Libidan. Thanks!

It looks really great so far. I do agree, it does need the text. I'm going to get a pixel image of the words up tonight, or maybe early morning. I found a font already that matches nice, so then we could just meld it to your image.
Just one little nit-picky thing I noticed: is the invisibility guy centered, or a little bit to the left? :P But honestly, it looks awesome. (Especially my personal favorite, technopathy.) The size is even a bit smaller than I was expecting, and considering how nice it looks presently, thats a good thing.

Another thought on the space-time manipulation: you could just use a single piece of floss for each of the lines, the way some people outline an area of cross stitch or occassionally make text. Does anyone know if there's a name for that? But yeah, you could do that and it would come out nice and detailed. Maybe not as many lines (unless you disregard the aida holes), but it would still turn out nice. Or we could just scale the entire image up a bit: that might make it easier for that one and some of the other details. Its really whatever you feel comfortable with, since you're spearheading the image-redesign.

Yeah, it does look like the portal signs. Thats how amazing valve is; they've effectively trademarked general purpose cartoon figures.

dvdwojnar
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by dvdwojnar »

Ok, I've made an image with my text superimposed over the old stuff. Its still blurry when you zoom in (so presumably when you plug it into a stitch program too), but I'm going to try and clean it up in a day or two. For now, the title (What kind of hero...) should probably work. Its to the right scale, where each of the squares is 75 pixels. If anyone wants to mess with a higher-resolution version (each square is 300 pixels wide and the text is well-defined), I can post it for you. The font is a slightly tweeked version of neuropol. Any thoughts or advice?

[The extension bmp has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]