Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Legend of Zelda wedding sampler?

all non-video game related pattern requests...
hogwartswitch
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Legend of Zelda wedding sampler?

Post by hogwartswitch »

I've been attempting to design a wedding sampler/wall hanging for a friend of mine and have gotten to the point where I am about ready to bang my head into the wall. Was wondering if anyone would be willing/able to help? What I want is similar to this pattern that was posted on Sprite Stitch:

http://www.spritestitch.com/?p=2407

It's got Link and Zelda standing together, separated by a heart container.

I'd also possibly like a Hyrulian crest at the bottom and maybe have the whole thing surrounded by a border of Triforce (Triforces? Triforci?). The middle can be blank as I'd like to come up with some sort of quote and then my friends' names and their wedding date on it. My problems that I'm running into is trying to figure out how to lay all this out into one KG-Chart file, so if anyone can help with that, that would be awesome (plus I'd love any suggestions of alternative ideas, too)! :) Thanks!

EDITED TO ADD: Oh! A though... perhaps the border could be rupees and triforce? Or even just rupees.

stephaniem
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Re: Legend of Zelda wedding sampler?

Post by stephaniem »

I can have a go at this for you.

Have you got a specific quote you want to use yet, and the date/names regarding your friend's wedding?
Image Follow my blog!

hogwartswitch
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by hogwartswitch »

Oooh, awesome! I'm still trying to figure out the quote... I either want to find out if any of the Legend of Zelda games have any sort of quotes about love/romance, or I want a Bible quote... neither of which things I'm terribly familiar with, so that's why I haven't figured it out yet ;)... let me do some google-fu and see if I can narrow it down a little. But their names are Kendra and Anthony, and I'd also like to include their wedding date (June 26, 2010). Thanks!

hogwartswitch
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by hogwartswitch »

Google-fu performed... if there's only room for a short quote, I would like this one:

"This is my beloved and this is my friend."
-- Song of Solomon 5:16

If there's room for a longer quote, then I think I'd like this one:

"It is something that grows over time. A true friendship, a feeling in the heart that grows even stronger over time. The passion of friendship will soon blossom into a righteous power, and through it you will know which way to go."

Thanks again! :)

stephaniem
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by stephaniem »

Do you want the heart to be included in it as well?

And where the quote is from included? i.e. song of solomon
Image Follow my blog!

hogwartswitch
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by hogwartswitch »

Yes, definitely want the heart included... as for where the quote's from... if it's the Bible verse, I think I'd like where the quote's from to be included underneath. The other quote, not necessarily (it's a quote from Sheik from Ocarina of Time and I'm just not sure how to include that so it looks okay).

stephaniem
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by stephaniem »

Ok, I have done this design for you. I chose to use orange rupees for the border so that the colours of link/heart/zelda pop out more in the middle.

Its about 23 colors on 18 ct aida :) spoiler and file below.
Spoiler
Attachments
tloz_weddingsampler_18ct.sth
(35.2 KiB) Downloaded 874 times
Image Follow my blog!

hogwartswitch
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by hogwartswitch »

Omigosh, this is sooooooooooooo cool! Thank you so much! I'm going to print this off this evening and see if I can get this done by their wedding... you rock!!

stephaniem
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by stephaniem »

No problem! Glad to help. I've just started to make patterns again so i'm enjoying the practice :)
Image Follow my blog!

silly-kitten71
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by silly-kitten71 »

The link & zelda with the heart from this pattern is definitely going to be one of the frames for my project ^_^ THANKS !