Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Okami bookmark pattern

Post your completed patterns here...
P34nU7
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Re: Okami bookmark pattern

Post by P34nU7 »

OMG I can't wait to do this I have recently played the game and really like this character.

Kipje
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by Kipje »

so you also have a complete pattern of this?
or do you only have the bookmark size? =]

i'm not really busy with bookmarks, but i like Okami :p

Awenmir
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by Awenmir »

Kipje wrote:so you also have a complete pattern of this?
or do you only have the bookmark size? =]

i'm not really busy with bookmarks, but i like Okami :p
I'm afraid that is the full pattern- I based it off a similar picture of Amaterasu. There wasn't any more of the picture to make into a pattern =(.

Laialda
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Laialda »

I really love the way you were able to give a nice clean image for this pattern. :) I do have one question though...it lists using petite and i think small stitches. They didn't look any different from the normal cross-stitch in your finished image and a quick search on google didn't get me places. SO I'm wondering what these types are. I've never seen them in all my years of cross-stitching and it'd be great if you could just point me in the direction of some instructions so I can wrap my head around this new concept. ^_^
I reject your reality and submit my own! - Mythbusters
Laialda's Etsy Shop: Craftigurumi
My gallery over on DeviantArt

Awenmir
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by Awenmir »

Laialda wrote:I really love the way you were able to give a nice clean image for this pattern. :) I do have one question though...it lists using petite and i think small stitches. They didn't look any different from the normal cross-stitch in your finished image and a quick search on google didn't get me places. SO I'm wondering what these types are. I've never seen them in all my years of cross-stitching and it'd be great if you could just point me in the direction of some instructions so I can wrap my head around this new concept. ^_^
Thanks ^.^. To clear up the confusion- there aren't any petite stitches in the pattern, but there are a couple of fractional stitches, mostly around the eyes. For some reason, the pattern maker I've used to chart the pattern put the 1/4 and 3/4 stitches down as petite stitches. So you can just ignore the whole petit stitches thing! Sorry for the confusion- it's probably just me not using the pattern maker properly :blush: !

Laialda
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Laialda »

Ah ok, thanks ^_^lol I was so confused. That makes much more sense, and what a weird name to give them :P Silly program
I reject your reality and submit my own! - Mythbusters
Laialda's Etsy Shop: Craftigurumi
My gallery over on DeviantArt

stacymckenna
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by stacymckenna »

Awenmir, this is just gorgeous. Hubby picked up a copy of Okami for the Wii just last month (the Wii was a Christmas gift from the inlaws) and while I've not played the game yet, the art is magnificent, and you did a glorious job capturing it. Thank you so much!

Palladion
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by Palladion »

Hi Awenmir! This is so awesome! I've been trying to make an Okami pattern for some time now but couldn't get it as sharp as this one.
Would it be possible for you to post the pattern in KG Chart? I've noticed that there are several "A" symbols that have accent marks that are hard to see because of the grid lines. Or, can you post the pattern w/o the gridlines?

Awenmir
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by Awenmir »

Palladion wrote:Hi Awenmir! This is so awesome! I've been trying to make an Okami pattern for some time now but couldn't get it as sharp as this one.
Would it be possible for you to post the pattern in KG Chart? I've noticed that there are several "A" symbols that have accent marks that are hard to see because of the grid lines. Or, can you post the pattern w/o the gridlines?
Sorry I took so loing to reply! Afraid I don't have the pattern in KG chart but here's the pattern without the gridlines; hope this helps!
Attachments
Okami no gridlines.pdf
(42.47 KiB) Downloaded 416 times

Cerena06
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by Cerena06 »

I made an account to let you know I'm making this pattern to liven up my office. Thank you for posting it!