Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

My Megaman Mech Dragon finished <3

idha
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

My Megaman Mech Dragon finished <3

Post by idha »

Hello out there. I just wanted to show you the pixel art I recently finished. It has been like a therapy session working with this project. As a kid I was absolutely terrified of this dragon plus I now know for sure that my patience is by far better than I thought. Happy creating to you all.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_pPPAYic8zLw/S ... 0_0105.JPG
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_pPPAYic8zLw/S ... 0_0197.JPG
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_pPPAYic8zLw/S ... 0_0195.JPG

// Idha Angelina, Sweden

johloh
Site Admin

Re: My Megaman Mech Dragon finished <3

Post by johloh »

welcome to the board!

that looks awesome! I'm sure that took a ton of work...

How did you do this detail shading on the neck? did you iron it more?

Image "I can't drive, so I'm gonna walk all over you!"

idha
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by idha »

I only iron one side. I'm not sure I understand the question. I have used different kinds of pearls. The blue and the 'darker' green are neon colours and the other ones ('lighter' green, pink/orange) are pastel. The black and whites are normal ones. The under jaw is just normal orange/yellow ones, I think. I basically used the stuff I had at home at the time. It's not perfect at all but from a distance it looks quite impressive :)

Thank you, I'm glad you like it :)

johloh
Site Admin

Post by johloh »

so there is two different greens in the neck?

idha
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by idha »

Yes, pastel green and neon green. Both Hama pearls. The neon ones are the 'dark' ones and the pastel ones are the 'light' ones. Irl it's easy to see but my camera isn't that good. I think it might be easier to see from this picture:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_pPPAYic8zLw/S ... 0_0104.JPG

On the other hand the neon pink in his mouth and the pastel orange/pink at the tummy looks like the same colour ;) But the green is easier to see.

onechordwonder
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by onechordwonder »

Awesome. I actually attempted to make this same dragon (I could never get past him in the actual game, which I've always been embarrassed about) out of perler beads, and I gave up halfway through. Great job.

idha
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by idha »

Nothing to be ashamed about. Everytime I saw him I just screamed, dropped the control pad, covered my ears and closed my eyes until it was over. I tried many different strategies to overcome this phobia, I even tried to play him on a tiny black-and-white television but he was still too scary. So no, I haven't been able to kill him either. Saw on youtube that you're supposed to be quickman when doing this but I never knew this as a kid. I should try again sometime, now when I'm not too scared of him. He's even a bit cute, tbh. Next phobia to overcome; Kattla (even the name makes me shiver) from swedish story Broderna Lejonhjarta. No pictures or patterns, please. I'm still scared stiff.

When you say you gave up, you mean you made half of it and then threw it away? I think you should try to finish it, it's difficult but amazing when he's finished. (Although, I admit, mine is facing the wall behind a chair, I try to convince myself it's because my pets shouldn't manage to destroy it but inside I know it's cause I'm still a bit scared, lol).

superlaurasunshine
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by superlaurasunshine »

This is amazing. I am in total awe!

johloh
Site Admin

Post by johloh »

idha wrote:No pictures or patterns, please. I'm still scared stiff.
ha, Im a jerk. I looked for a picture to post...but, im not familiar with the story to know what I was looking for!

doctahignazio
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by doctahignazio »

Amazing work! The dragon was always my favorite. My heart would race when I was running away from him.
How many pegboards that take?