Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Princess Mononoke * and Yakul

all non-video game related pattern requests...
EdzMasterChief
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Princess Mononoke * and Yakul

Post by EdzMasterChief »

Hey Everyone. I was wondering if anyone would mind making this into a pattern. I was thinking of it being around 9in by 12in (22.9cm--30.5cm) but whatever works. And it looks like it'll arleady be more then 40 colors. But Im not to worried about that. I plan on this being my next big project.
Thank you very much!

http://thisdistractedglobe.com/wp-conte ... 20pic4.jpg

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: Princess Mononoke * and Yakul

Post by blackmageheart »

Here are some patterns of this image :
Ashitaka and Yakul - 18ct.sth
(121.89 KiB) Downloaded 460 times
Ashitaka and Yakul - 18ct.pdf
(904.35 KiB) Downloaded 832 times
18 count, 84 colours, 216x115
Ashitaka and Yakul - 22ct.sth
(144.92 KiB) Downloaded 290 times
Ashitaka and Yakul - 22ct.pdf
(1.42 MiB) Downloaded 567 times
22 count, 82 colours, 264x141

I've kept to the size you wanted in both counts (please ignore the fact that it says 60cm width - this is a program error!). I would recommend stitching it on these higher counts as you will get in more detail at that size. If you want to stitch it on a lower count please say so and either myself or someone else here can do a pattern for that too. Hope that helps! :)
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

EdzMasterChief
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by EdzMasterChief »

Oh Jesus, I didnt think I'd get a reply this soon. Thank you very much. That looks awesome. This'll be my first project in 22 count. So its a little daunting. But well worth it. :grin:

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

No problem and good luck with the stitching, be sure to post pics of it so we can all see how it goes :D
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

EdzMasterChief
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by EdzMasterChief »

K. No problem. Be prepared to wait a bit though lol. If i found a better pic do you think that would cut back on the colors? Like instead of the .Jpeg if i found a .gif or .png? Like for each color section it would be solid til it got to the other one? Vs a transitioning and such?

Idk about the programs that make the patterns. Im still kind of new to all of this. Hehe if you couldnt tell. lol. Anyways thanks

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Jpegs suck cos of the loss of definition when the image is compressed. If you could get a png (something like a screenshot from a dvd saved in the .png format) that would be a lot better and it might cut back on the colours but probably not by a lot. I couldn't say if the colours would be more solid without seeing the pic first though. If you can get one then post it here and I'll take a looksee! :D

EdzMasterChief
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by EdzMasterChief »

Ok sounds like a plan. Ill try to find some online. But if not i can prolly get some screen shots when i get the movie back from a friend of mine.. Sometimes i feel like a video rental box :/ Ah well, Ill get back to you within a week. Thank you so much!

LiquidKarma
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by LiquidKarma »

Coooool I love Princess Mononoke!! Can't wait to see WIP shots of this!

Wolfix
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by Wolfix »

I could try to reduce the number of colours and save it as a BMP or GIF if you like. We can tweak it to enhance the colours too.
Fish, fish, my only wish!

EdzMasterChief
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by EdzMasterChief »

Wolfix wrote:I could try to reduce the number of colours and save it as a BMP or GIF if you like. We can tweak it to enhance the colours too.

Yes please,
That would be awesome if you could try doing that. And I think I was being a lil to adventurous with the scale that i wanted... :blush: so if it helps to cut back on the size then by all means go for it.
Thanks again Wolfix

Ed