Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Vincent Valentine AC

all non-video game related pattern requests...
Judix
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Vincent Valentine AC

Post by Judix »

Hi everyone! I would really, really appreciate it if someone could help me with this. It's Vincent from Advent Children, and I would love to make this as a birthday present for my sister (He is her favorite character). I guess I'd like it to be 8"x10'' (for easy framing), and no limit for the colors, I just want it to look good. I plan on doing it on black Aida, maybe 18 count? I'm willing to change these parameters up if it means making the project look better!
Spoiler
http://www.freewebs.com/the_dark_prince ... entine.jpg
:choco Current Project Status: Mario 1 Home Sweet Home, hopelessly lost in blue.

mud
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Re: Vincent Valentine AC

Post by mud »

I don't want to rain all over you parade, but I will.
This is image is 1024x768 pixels. So for the stitching to look like the image it should be 1024x768 stitches.
10x8 inches on 18 count would amount to 180x144, ie look crappy and nothing like the picture.
Here's a part of the pattern, as it would look 10x8, 18 count:
Spoiler
vincent.png
vincent.png (10.31 KiB) Viewed 6396 times
As you can see, it's not that awesome.
I would suggest either a piece larger than 10x8, or selecting a smaller part of the image to use. just the face or something. Or maybe another picture.

I include the pattern as described above anyway, in case you still like it, despite my negative attitude. Use KG-chart to open the file.

'Ta
Attachments
vincent.sth
(34.45 KiB) Downloaded 332 times

Servotron
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by Servotron »

I've had a go at this as well and I don't think it is possible to make a pattern from this picture. The hair is too dark, with not enough lighter colours to break it up. The pattern programs can't make a distinction so the hair just comes out as one big block of colour. Sorry I couldn't be more help!
Image Image Image Image

Judix
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by Judix »

Blarg, oh well. It was worth a shot! :D Thank you for helping out Mud and Servo!
:choco Current Project Status: Mario 1 Home Sweet Home, hopelessly lost in blue.

Nitewing
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by Nitewing »

Hey, here's a thought, go to this link http://theygotme.deviantart.com/art/Vin ... h-48284910
and see if you can message the person to get a pattern. Or make one of the original pic. To be honest I'm not sure what the etiquette is for stitching something from a posted pic on deviant art but someone already did it once. I think if you give credit where credit is due it's not that bad but I'm not 100% on that.

Wolfix
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by Wolfix »

Here you go... I use Artopik for my patterns so can't print you out a pattern with a proper colour card but you can import this image into your pattern creator to do the same. It's 10.5" x 7.88" so should be fine for framing. Let me know if you like it and if you want any more images optimised for pattern-making.
Spoiler

[The extension bmp has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Fish, fish, my only wish!

Wolfix
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by Wolfix »

Here's the pattern for KG:
VV.sth
(70.26 KiB) Downloaded 343 times
Here's the pattern in PDF: