Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Vault Boy (Fallout 3) Pattern Request

all non-video game related pattern requests...
stephaniem
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Vault Boy (Fallout 3) Pattern Request

Post by stephaniem »

Hi! Could someone please help me in obtaining a pattern for this image of Vault Boy + Text?

The size of the canvas will be 5.1 inches in width and approx 7 inches high.

I would like the image to be centered, portrait, and there to be a margin of about 3/4 of an inch to 1 inch surrounding.

Max 15-20 colours. I'd like to stitch the main flat colors visible on the image, so not too many extra colors for shading etc. Maybe one or two max.

Not bothered about the scratch marks within the text - would prefer just shading or 1 flat color.

I've tried using some pattern creating software but they fail to produce a clear black outline which I'd prefer.

Thanks so much :)
Image Follow my blog!

Efrite
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Re: Vault Boy (Fallout 3) Pattern Request

Post by Efrite »

I just found out why I don't have a fancy 'Official Pattern Maker' thingy under my name.

I tried to make you a pattern using KG Chart. I'm not sure if it's what you're looking for but here ya go, anyways.. It's got 13 colours.

I'm curious about what you're looking for for the text. Would you prefer a flat black font instead of what is in the image?
Attachments
Fallout.sth
(41.34 KiB) Downloaded 579 times
I'm back! ATK and all that foo..
Please PM Me if you have a Q on a post I made.

stephaniem
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by stephaniem »

Efrite wrote:I just found out why I don't have a fancy 'Official Pattern Maker' thingy under my name.

I tried to make you a pattern using KG Chart. I'm not sure if it's what you're looking for but here ya go, anyways.. It's got 13 colours.

I'm curious about what you're looking for for the text. Would you prefer a flat black font instead of what is in the image?
For the text, I think I'd like a flat darkish, gray/greenish colour. Basically the same flat colour as in the image but the font itself to be solid where you see scratches in it.

I can't currently view the file you attached :( I've tried to download KG chart but the website download link isn't working. Any way you could attach as JPG? No worries if not, will try getting KG again.
Image Follow my blog!

Efrite
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by Efrite »

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you.. It's a busy week this week..

Ok. I changed the pattern hugely from what I'd originally posted. The text is all one colour. Vault Boy is clearly outlined in black. All extra colours were removed.
I tried my best to match the colours that were shown in the original picture you posted but I fear they might not be what you want. Please feel free to change them at will.

There are 12 listed colours that I used. I'm still new to KG Chart.
I really don't know how to convert *.sth files to *.jpg. Maybe somebody else could give it a go?
Attachments
Fallout.v2.sth
(11.7 KiB) Downloaded 515 times

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Here's a pdf of Efrite's pattern:
Fallout v2.pdf
(395.44 KiB) Downloaded 1287 times
Hope that helps :)
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

Efrite
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by Efrite »

Thank you, blackmageheart!! :1up for you..

Servotron
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by Servotron »

Efrite wrote:I really don't know how to convert *.sth files to *.jpg. Maybe somebody else could give it a go?
Zoom into the pattern until you can see the symbols on the pattern clearly. Go to File, Export. Choose 'Current View'. Click OK. Choose where you what to save the picture file and as what type, click ok, Done!
Image Image Image Image

Efrite
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by Efrite »

Servotron wrote:
Efrite wrote:I really don't know how to convert *.sth files to *.jpg. Maybe somebody else could give it a go?
Zoom into the pattern until you can see the symbols on the pattern clearly. Go to File, Export. Choose 'Current View'. Click OK. Choose where you what to save the picture file and as what type, click ok, Done!
Have I mentioned before that I loved you?

I haven't?!

Well I do. Thanks, Servotron! I really am very new to KG Chart.

stephaniem
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by stephaniem »

Ah thank you so much, both of you! Exactly what I wanted. :clap:

Hope to get started on this soon!
Image Follow my blog!