Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Firehawke's crafty obsession...non-video games!

non video game related projects...
Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: Firehawke's crafty obsession...non-video games!

Post by Firehawke »

Thanks!!!

I prioritized Ubuntu last night and finished up Part 1 before doing my #100daysofHAED stitching. There's an unofficial photo challenge...#ubuntuflower, and it has to have something sentimental incorporated.

I chose Sadie's bear!
20180918_181654.jpg
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

It's been a while since I've updated you guys...but I just finished Ubuntu last night!

It's bigger than my ottoman...and hard to get a zoomed out pic! (thanks to mom for taking the zoomed out pic!)
Attachments
20190210_173614.jpg
20190210_173035.jpg
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

That's magnificent! Love all the little details and patterns. I seriously wish I could crochet that well, but the best I can manage is shell stitches! (And even then it takes a bit to get the hang of it, haha)

How's Momhawke, btw? Hope she's doing ok <3
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

Moirae
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by Moirae »

Congrats on the finish. It's been so cold lately, I can just imagine snuggly up with it.
Best quality photos here, but,for more frequent updates, check out my instagram
https://www.instagram.com/moiraestitches/

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

@blackmageheart...Thanks!!! Between Sophie and Ubuntu, my skills have really been growing...yay tutorial vids to help me through! Momhawke has been dealing with chronic bronchitis and MS stuff...but on a good note, she's been able to do some stitching!!!! :D

@Moirae...Thanks!!! It was really nice to have this to work on on our bitter cold days! Planning on getting right back to Sophie for this next round of cold weather!

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

I did something last night....
20190323_212546.jpg
And then today I had to use scissors...
20190324_150219.jpg
And this afternoon...I had a finished Sophie!
Attachments
20190324_150250.jpg
20190324_150626.jpg

FireKraken
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by FireKraken »

Congrats on finishing Sophie! The doctor and adipose are pleased. The colors are lovely and the pattern looks awesome! You deserve a nap under your new blanket to celebrate.

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Thanks!!! Think Sophie is going to be my snuggle down and craft/game/read blanket...at least when it's not too warm (Sophie's 100% acrylic...and has a nice weight to her!)

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

So a few weeks ago, I sent Ubuntu off in the mail a few weeks ago...and the unsuspecting owner of the blanket had a chance to visit her PO Box...and the opening was caught on YouTube!!! (if you just want to see her opening up my box, skip to minute 24 or so after watching the intro)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiKCoRgpVT8

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

That was absolutely adorable! And fantastic work on Ubuntu, she's magnificent :D
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...