Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Firefly/Wonder woman mash up patter

all non-video game related pattern requests...
stephanie.lavigne
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Firefly/Wonder woman mash up patter

Post by stephanie.lavigne »

Hello,

I am trying to make a firefly/wonderwoman mash up for my brother and sister in laws 15th wedding anniversary. So far I am not having any luck.....please help. I would like a PDF of it. Size wise I don't want to lose to much detail so anything from 10x10 to 20x20 - whatever you think is best, I will do small, medium or large no issue there at all.

Thank so so very much,

Stephanie
Attachments
landscape-1496413875-wonder-woman-movie-artwork.jpg
serenity.jpg

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: Firefly/Wonder woman mash up patter

Post by blackmageheart »

Hi!
When you say "mash up" do you mean you want these two images combined into one? And if so, how do you want it to look? I'm not really sure what you want but I'd love to help if I can!
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

stephanie.lavigne
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

I am kind of hoping to have the ship behind her like she just jumped out of it to start fighting. or she is fighting the entire plane I would be happy with either, what ever size you thing would give the best image. in PDF form please

stephanie.lavigne
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Or with this image if that makes it easier I think this one may have a better resolution
Attachments
Serenity.jpg

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

I'm really sorry, I don't know how to make your request work. I'm happy to make them into separate patterns but as a mash up I'm not sure it's possible to do exactly what you want! Is there any other way we could do this?
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

Sheepish
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Sheepish »

I'm not sure how much cross stitching you've done in the past, but for those images to look good as a cross stitch they would probably have to be huge, like a "I'm gonna spend a minimum of 2 years doing this" huge.

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Sheepish wrote:I'm not sure how much cross stitching you've done in the past, but for those images to look good as a cross stitch they would probably have to be huge, like a "I'm gonna spend a minimum of 2 years doing this" huge.
That was kind of what I was thinking. I got them in Photoshop and cut them out and realised how insanely big they'd have to be to look decent!

stephanie.lavigne, rather than mashing two pics together, how about a pic of one with a quote from the other? For example, some sort of Wonder Woman picture with a Firefly quote? Got any ideas about that?

stephanie.lavigne
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

I am still rather new at this...a little over a month in. I like the wonder woman with a firefly quote idea.....how small a picture should I be looking for so it does not take me two years? - I can do an 7x7 in a weekend. Their anniversary is not until July so I have time if it needs to be bigger, but not two years bigger. What do you suggest?

stephanie.lavigne
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

I found a quote though
"Haven’t you killed me enough for one day?"
— Malcolm Reynolds

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

stephanie.lavigne wrote:I am still rather new at this...a little over a month in. I like the wonder woman with a firefly quote idea.....how small a picture should I be looking for so it does not take me two years? - I can do an 7x7 in a weekend. Their anniversary is not until July so I have time if it needs to be bigger, but not two years bigger. What do you suggest?
That really depends on what you feel able to do! And whether you want to do something photo-realistic like the above images or something more pixel art based :)
Let me have a think and I'll see if I can come up with a couple of ideas for you!