Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Moirae's Misc Stitches (FOs - December 2023)

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: Moirae's Misc Stitches(Complete- I Practice StitchCraft 7/22/18; WIP- We Do Geek, GOT Banner, Koi Needlepoint 7/17/1

Post by Firehawke »

That is SO cute...and I LOVE the scarf! It would do the Fourth Doctor proud! Your mom did a beautiful job! :nod

Love how Iron Kitty is looking!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

Moirae
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Re: Moirae's Misc Stitches(Pattern Mockup for Hello Kitty Avengers - 8/28/2018)

Post by Moirae »

Haven't been on my desktop much this month and that's why it's been awhile since my last post. Sorry. I'll make up for it with a couple posts this week. It's also easier for me that way because I'm a rambler and I want to get a little more stitching in on my Egyptian Sampler today first.

I haven't stitched any more on my Hello Kitty Avengers. :blush: but I think I've got my logo design done for now.
In case anyone is interested in my convoluted logo evolution.:
Logo Mockups 2x2.png
  1. I first tried the .png file used by loafoftoast with a pinkish-red outline. It just looked far too big. ~7,200 stitches
  2. I then thought about using just the 'A', but didn't really like it.
  3. I made it smaller and cleaned it up, but I was dubious about adding 6,200 stitches to my project.
  4. So, next, I searched around for another logo I could use with less stitches (resized, cleaned, etc).
  5. I kind of wanted that semi-circle from the first logo though and added it on.
  6. Then, I realized I could have just made the original logo smaller and remove the insides of the letters.
  7. But I was really feeling the whole retro feel of the other logo by then.
    Then an epiphany: "You know what would really make it look like an old comic book title font? I should make the letters red."
  8. The old comic books didn't have the circle on the 'A' and it didn't look quite right to me, so I tried it without,
  9. But then decided it would work for me if I just filled it with black. Thus I almost completely negated the whole point of making a new logo with a lower stitch count. Final? logo = 5,280 stitches. Considering, the stitch count was 8,400 before the logo, it's still a big chunk of the pattern.
And this ridiculous narrative is why I don't make/share a lot of patterns. lol

And here's the current mockup for the Hello Kitty Avengers. Complete with big red and black logo, but not including any color changes. I'm going with the 4 powerhouses who have their own movies on the top (in order of movie release: Iron Kitty, Hulkitty, Thor, the Captain). 2nd row is made up of Nick Fury and the other 2 Agents of SHIELD Avengers: Black Widow (with the classic hair bow) and Hawkeye. The bottom has the logo and our villain of the movie: Lokitty. Little changes to come. Might put a small subtitle that says hellokitty. Possibly also add the 'A' on the Captain's helmet in white, lengthen Loki's horns, etc.
Hello Avengers mockup with logo.jpg
Hello Avengers July 28.jpg
Current Progress: 3450/8410 for the characters (~40%); 0/5280 for the logo (0%). Total: 3.4k/13.7k (~25%)
Best quality photos here, but,for more frequent updates, check out my instagram
https://www.instagram.com/moiraestitches/

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: Moirae's Misc Stitches(HelloKitty Avengers mockup 8/28/18)

Post by Firehawke »

That logo looks fantastic!!!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

FireKraken
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Re: Moirae's Misc Stitches(HelloKitty Avengers mockup 8/28/18)

Post by FireKraken »

Yay update! The kitty Avengers look great! Thanks for sharing your creative workflow. You got it to be a few less stitches. I like the old comic book style. Lokitty looks so cute angry! Can't wait to see him stitched.

Moirae
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Re: Moirae's Misc Stitches(House Targaryen and Egyptian Sampler updated 9/05/18)

Post by Moirae »

FireKraken wrote:Yay update! The kitty Avengers look great! Thanks for sharing your creative workflow. You got it to be a few less stitches. I like the old comic book style. Lokitty looks so cute angry! Can't wait to see him stitched.
I was originally just going to stitch Loki as a quick stitch, before it turned into a large project. He's the one I want to do the most.

Updates on some other WIPs.

Lots more done on my House Targaryen banner. I finished the circle around the dragon last night and filled in a lot on the right side this week. I think I'm about halfway through my 4th skein of red now. If you saw this project on Instagram yesterday, I've done some more of the border spikes on the right side.
Targaryen 9-5-18 -no gps.jpg
Before I picked up the Targaryen banner, I was stitching on my Egyptian Sampler. I'm almost finished filling in the little squares on the border. I've finished the cross stitch part of the falcon on the left and the papyrii on top and backstitched the scarab since I've last posted here. No progress since my IG post last week, but the photos I post here are much higher resolution and you can zoom in.
Es sampler aug-sept 2018 - no gps.jpg
I'll always post here, since I love these forums and can upload better pictures, but you can check out my Instagram if you want more frequent updates. @moiraestitches
Last edited by Moirae on Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: Moirae's Misc Stitches (House Targaryen and Egyptian Sampler updated 9/05/18)

Post by Firehawke »

Love seeing your posts on Instagram! And fun seeing the latest updates here...I bet that you've been having fun stitching!!!

Moirae
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Re: Moirae's Misc Stitches (House Targaryen 09/14/2018)

Post by Moirae »

Been powering through my House Targaryen piece. On my 5th skein of red and added about 3240 stitches since the last post. The pattern is 2 pages wide and 3 tall; I've finished the middle and bottom pages and am now working on the top pages, which looks like it has the least amount of stitches of the 3 areas. I don't think I'll get any stitching done tonight, but I estimate I'm around 2500 stitches from the end and am hoping to actually finish it before I get distracted by new starts or my other WIPs. Random fact for anyone thinking of stitching these banners: House Targaryen has 2800 more stitches than House Stark... if I did that one first, I'd already be done.
House Targaryen 9-13-2018.jpg
For whatever reason, I have the hardest time photographing this project. The red thread looks orange, pinkish or synthetic and the black aida looks washed out most times. It always looks terrible when the file is compressed/thumbnail preview as well. I always have to mess with a photo editor before sharing it. I found that I got the truest color if my cats are in the photo (probably because they are a very dark black and also have very white areas). So, I laid down the piece next to a resting Penguin, but, before I could get a shot off, he was on top of it in a flash. I even laid the pattern next to him, to coax him off, but he just laid on both :swoon: . Total fail. Well, he loves laying on things, so I should probably have tried it with his brother, Catastrophe instead. Next time maybe.
Penguin and House Targaryen2.jpg

Pyper
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Re: Moirae's Misc Stitches (House Targaryen updated 09/14/2018, Egyptian Sampler 9/05/18)

Post by Pyper »

It looks fantastic :) Getting a good pic with vibrant colours can be really hard, especially as the camera software will often "help" you by adjusting the contrasts and colours.

Also Penguin is adorable, and Catastrophy is a wonderful name for a cat :)
WIPS: Dwarf Fortress blanket, sailing ship stitch, shiny pokemon, moth bags
Blog: http://strangenessisconserved.wordpress.com/

Moirae
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Re: Moirae's Misc Stitches (House Targaryen updated 09/14/2018, Egyptian Sampler 9/05/18)

Post by Moirae »

Pyper wrote:It looks fantastic :) Getting a good pic with vibrant colours can be really hard, especially as the camera software will often "help" you by adjusting the contrasts and colours.

Also Penguin is adorable, and Catastrophy is a wonderful name for a cat :)
Thanks for an explanation and the kitty compliments. Bonus collage of Catastrophe demanding attention (by taking my pattern) early this week while I was stitching.
IMG_20180907_160817.jpg

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Hope they let you get some stitching done! They are just TOO adorable!!!