Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Stained Glass LotR

all non-video game related pattern requests...
blackberrybear
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Re: Stained Glass LotR

Post by blackberrybear »

Taking pictures once a day after a stitching session can help you see just how much you actually got done that day.

ScaryBurrito
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by ScaryBurrito »

friendofbubba7 wrote:Happy Christmas in July!

I'm sorry it's taken me so long to post this pattern, it's been a busy year.

Long Adventure with Hobbit (old color version)
Long Adventure with Hobbit.jpg

This pattern is massive to save detail. Any brave soul who stitches this pattern has my admiration.

667x320 stitches on 18 count Aida. 79 colors.

Long Adventure with Hobbit old color version.sth
Long Adventure with Hobbit (old color version).pdf

I will work on the new color version if anyone is interested. It will take me a long time to clean up as well.

Happy stitching!

I hope this isn't a stupid question, but these colours look much more muted than the picture I saw on deviant art. Does this have something to do with the "old" and "new" colours? I really like the vibrancy in the picture, so would I just choose slightly brighter colours when selecting floss?

friendofbubba7
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by friendofbubba7 »

There are two versions of Long Adventure with Hobbit on the deviant art page. This is just the older version. I can clean up the newer color version if anyone would prefer that. There are only so many colors available in DMC, so the colors might not be exactly like the original picture.
Current Project: LOTR map by Servotron

Buttercup
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by Buttercup »

friendofbubba7 wrote:There are two versions of Long Adventure with Hobbit on the deviant art page. This is just the older version. I can clean up the newer color version if anyone would prefer that. There are only so many colors available in DMC, so the colors might not be exactly like the original picture.

Yes please!

friendofbubba7
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by friendofbubba7 »

Buttercup wrote:
friendofbubba7 wrote:There are two versions of Long Adventure with Hobbit on the deviant art page. This is just the older version. I can clean up the newer color version if anyone would prefer that. There are only so many colors available in DMC, so the colors might not be exactly like the original picture.

Yes please!
I will start working on the new color version. It will take me a long time, so I apologize in advance for the time delay. It will be a large project as well to save detail.

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

It will be well worth the wait!!!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

Skullviper
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by Skullviper »

These patterns are absolutely amazing!! Thank you so much to the members who've put them together for the rest of us. Daunting as they are, I haven't been this excited to stitch something awhile - I think I might have to do one of these...

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Have fun working on them!!!

I'm really thinking about starting one next year...yes, I have tons a large projects and progress is slow on them, but why not! :P
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

pikaoznog
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by pikaoznog »

First time posting here. I have not been able to find the Talking with Tom Bombadil print as a pattern. Would someone here be willing to convert this into a pattern. I was thinking 18ish Aida, but no other preferences. Please let me know if I need to provide anything else. I downloaded the software to do it myself, but this pattern is waaaaay too complicated for me :-)

Thanks in advance!

Here is the .jpg link
https://pre00.deviantart.net/182e/th/pr ... 5ua9ne.jpg

friendofbubba7
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by friendofbubba7 »

I'll add it to my list. Just know that I have several I'm working on and they take forever. It will be huge like the others to save detail. If anyone else wants to give it a shot before I can get to it, feel free.