Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Firehawke stitches non-video game things!

Pyper
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Re: Firehawke stitches non-video game things!

Post by Pyper »

Its coming along nicely :)
WIPS: Dwarf Fortress blanket, sailing ship stitch, shiny pokemon, moth bags
Blog: http://strangenessisconserved.wordpress.com/

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Thanks!

Got some work done on a star...
20180704_165259.jpg
And a quick update on my #100daysofHAED project...Day 3 saw me getting closer to a whole row done this week!
20180704_131229.jpg
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Finished thaf row yesterday and started a new one today!
20180708_210548.jpg
And got a nice bit of Krenik done and some stitches in another color!
20180708_210530.jpg
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

Moirae
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by Moirae »

The HAED challenge looks like it's going well for you. Here's to progress over the next 3 months.
Best quality photos here, but,for more frequent updates, check out my instagram
https://www.instagram.com/moiraestitches/

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Thanks!!! Hard to believe today is day 10 already. Didn't get much done on it last night. I hurt my right thumb at work yesterday...I can still stitch, it's just slow...plus I had a couple of ladies from church visiting, so I thought that it might be rude if I worked on a big project while they were there. I have a couple from church stopping by tonight...I'm thinking I may go ahead and work on it :P

Moirae
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by Moirae »

Firehawke wrote:Thanks!!! Hard to believe today is day 10 already. Didn't get much done on it last night. I hurt my right thumb at work yesterday...I can still stitch, it's just slow...plus I had a couple of ladies from church visiting, so I thought that it might be rude if I worked on a big project while they were there. I have a couple from church stopping by tonight...I'm thinking I may go ahead and work on it :P
When I have company over (usually family) I might stitch on something that has blocks of color or I don't need a pattern for like my Hardanger. Basically nothing that requires a lot of focus unless they are here to visit my mom. Confetti stitching is out of the question though. lol

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Thankfully, people have finally learned that if they are coming over, I will be crafting whether they like it or not (I heard that some people weren't happy at first...but guess what...it's my home! :P )

I agree...less complicated projects or projects without patterns are best!

Moirae
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by Moirae »

I'd much rather someone be stitching/knitting/crocheting while talking to me than playing games on their phone or something. Though my mom is incapable of multi-tasking and can't carry a conversation while cross stitching. Women did this for hundreds of years after all. I like to pull out my wooden hoop at this time and pretend I'm in a period drama. :P

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

I like that idea of a period drama!

My mom is able to multitask while crafting...but only if there's stuff on the TV or I'm the one around...not if others are around, since that takes way to much energy and concentration...not to mention space. If we're talking and she stops all of a sudden to focus on making cards, I SO totally get it :secret

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Day 21 is in the books!
Attachments
20180722_143444.jpg