Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Firehawke's crafty obsession...non-video games!

non video game related projects...
Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: Firehawke's crafty obsession...non-video games!

Post by Firehawke »

@Moirae - Thanks!!! :) It took me a while to figure out how to comfortably hold the yarn and how to best tension it. My craft gloves help with wrist fatigue, but I do have to be careful that I don't go overboard :P And I'm totally with you on counting dark colored stitches! Hopefully the next time you try it the Crochet Fairy will be with you! Nerdy amigurumi covered bookshelves would be SO COOL!

@Blackberrybear - I was going to wait a bit to start it...and then it kept calling to me :P Now I'm trying to balance working on it, finishing my blocks, and working on those baby doll blankets for the girls at church (that's become a Sunday thing...I keep taking it and working on it when they are having snack :P)

Guess what I did this morning!!! There was another listing for the book on Amazon this morning that wasn't in the $50 price range that one seller keeps selling them for! I got my refund this morning and splurged! It's not a big refund and I was planning on it going to bills and groceries and necessities like that, but we were blessed with some unexpected money yesterday (mom made some cards for a lady in our congregation and she insisted on paying for the talent!!!!), so mom said go for it! It's being fulfilled by Amazon UK, so it will take a while for it to arrive, I am sure. I LOVE the fact that the pattern is free and it totally works to have my Kindle there while I'm working on Sophie (I'm used to that with my cross stitching), but in my heart of hearts, I'm a book person and wanted the permanency of a hard copy (not to mention the fact that it's a pretty safe bet that I'm going to make more than one of these :P)
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Finished part 3, including the optional crab stitch round! My first time doing that stitch (always been too intimidated, but the tutorials for the project have been a HUGE help!)

Round by round pics, plus a second pic of the whole thing with my Star Wars Blu-Ray case for comparison can be found here...

https://firehawkegeeks.blogspot.com/201 ... n.html?m=1
Attachments
20180325_173156.jpg
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

FireKraken
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by FireKraken »

Wow! That looks amazing! I love all the detail and great colors!

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Thanks!!!

I just started part 4 last night...I might not be able to get it all done this week. There's a reason why the tutorial is almost 2 hours long :P

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Sophie's Mandala has become Sophie's Garden!
20180401_213813.jpg
(pardon the ends :P)

If you want to see round by round pics and links to the pattern and tutorial, check out the blogpost!

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

I got a special delivery all the way from the UK...my own copy of the Sophie's Universe book! :yahoo:
20180403_211338.jpg
20180403_211405.jpg
It arrived just in time for me to start part 5 tonight :nod
20180403_203959.jpg

Moirae
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by Moirae »

Firehawke wrote:I got a special delivery all the way from the UK...my own copy of the Sophie's Universe book! :yahoo:

20180403_211338.jpg
20180403_211405.jpg

It arrived just in time for me to start part 5 tonight :nod

20180403_203959.jpg
Oh how fun. I love having hard copies of books. I don't mind reading on computers or devices and it can be quite convenient, but there's something about a physical copy that always appeals to me.
Best quality photos here, but,for more frequent updates, check out my instagram
https://www.instagram.com/moiraestitches/

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

I totally agree!!! Now I don't have to worry about if I lose the file or my tablet isn't charged (for various reasons) or bites the dust. It has nice wide margins in the book gutter, so I'm toying with the idea of visiting one of my local copy shops to have it be spiral bound.

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

I finished Part 5 of Sophie a few days ago.

Here's what she looks like right now...
20180409_200535.jpg
And here's the blogpost showing off round by round pics!

https://firehawkegeeks.blogspot.com/201 ... ition.html

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Yesterday morning, there was nothing new Sophiewise.

Tonight.... :wiz Part 6 is done!
20180415_210702.jpg
I stitched all day yesterday and got a lot done...blizzards make good blanket making weather :P

Here's the round by round blogpost!