Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Help adding picture

Firestarterr
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Help adding picture

Post by Firestarterr »

I am struggling with figuring out how to add a printed picture into this cross stitch. I don't really want to cut the fabric because I am worried I will do it wrong or that the stitches will fall out. Any advice would be great, as I have been putting this off for about 7 months haha.
Attachments
20170404_131726.jpg

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: Help adding picture

Post by blackmageheart »

Hmm...iron the piece out so it's as flat as you can make it, then you could attach the picture into the space with something like those glue dots or maybe mini command strips. I don't think you want to use a liquid glue or anything.
Alternatively you could make some very small holes in the picture and do a small running stitch around the edge of the paper? Not sure how feasible that is, though.
Anyone else have any ideas?
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

Clarington
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Clarington »

Double sided tape might work well to hold the picture in place. At least that's what I always use for attaching aida to card blanks, so in theory it should work for attaching photo paper to fabric. If it doesn't work you should also be able to peel it off without damage. Like BMH said, I'd stay away from glue.

One other option might be to print the photo on iron on fabric transfer paper and then iron it onto the fabric. I've never tried them with aida so you'd definitely want a trial run first to see how it looks with the holes, but it may work.
I'm gettin' bloggy: http://craftscapades.com/

Firestarterr
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Firestarterr »

Thanks. I think I am going to try taping the picture to the fabric first and see how it goes from there.

Moirae
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by Moirae »

Are you planning on framing it with glass? If you are, you might just need a couple stitches in the corners to tack it down or seconding the double sided tape (if you don't mind the chance of yellowing under the photo) after you wash/iron the piece.
Best quality photos here, but,for more frequent updates, check out my instagram
https://www.instagram.com/moiraestitches/