Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Firehawke stitches non-video game things!

Moirae
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Re: Firehawke stitches non-video game things!

Post by Moirae »

Firehawke wrote::wiz Another 800 stitches done on Treasure Hunt Bookshelf...if I'm thinking correctly, only 18 more rows until page 1 is done!
Only 275 thousand stitches more to go... Just kidding. You're making great progress with this one. This is the regular one, not the mini, right? Not that I would refer to 75k stitches as "mini".
Best quality photos here, but,for more frequent updates, check out my instagram
https://www.instagram.com/moiraestitches/

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Moirae wrote:
Firehawke wrote::wiz Another 800 stitches done on Treasure Hunt Bookshelf...if I'm thinking correctly, only 18 more rows until page 1 is done!
Only 275 thousand stitches more to go... Just kidding. You're making great progress with this one. This is the regular one, not the mini, right? Not that I would refer to 75k stitches as "mini".
Actually, that's fairly close to how many I have left :P Yup, it's a regular one, so the entire project is 282,500 stitches. When I finish this page (it's a 3 day weekend...so we'll see what happens!), that will be 7,840 done. That will leave me with 274,660 stitches left! :yahoo:

Thanks! :D
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

:wiz Have had a very stitching filled weekend...and finished page 1!
Attachments
20170904_162805.jpg
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

So sparkly! (even in poor lighting :P)
Attachments
20170910_221043.jpg

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Looking great! Love a bit of sparkly aida, too (which reminds me I'm almost out of it and need to order some more soon!)
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Thanks!!!

I do, too...I have at least 2 more projects that I want to use it for :P...may also have to think about sparkly aida for this project, too...my newest pattern purchase (and first one off of Etsy)

https://www.etsy.com/listing/554624697/ ... _gallery_6

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Quick little update...now done with 30 rows on page 2!

It will be a while before there are any more updates in this topic...onto the epic charity block stitching!
Attachments
20170918_063846.jpg

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Update time! With my blocks done, I have ZERO video game projects going on :tomato:

But, I did break out some old projects and started a new one!

Here's are my current WIP pics...

Eleventh Doctor Stained Glass...(it's sideways...oops!)
20180429_180254.jpg
Treasure Hunt Bookshelf...
20180429_153629.jpg
AND new project...Nativity! (another HAED :P)
20180429_180333.jpg

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

No work on Eleventh (though, I did pull out a bunch of 310 so I could start stitching the outlines on Tenth on a piece of aida I set aside as I was spring cleaning...but, it turns out it's not quite big enough :banghead: but, yay for always starting in the top lefthand corner and counting my way there...I would have been SO frustrated if I had started it and then found out that it was too small)

But, I did work some more on Nativity...
20180506_203812.jpg
Hope to finish that row this week! There's 6ish colors so far...and I need natural light :P

Speaking of finishing rows...finished a row on Treasure Hunt Bookshelf! Only 18 actual rows left on this page (I like to be confusing...individual rows and 10 row blocks, also called rows :P)
20180506_184740.jpg

Moirae
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by Moirae »

Everything's looking great. Too bad on the 10th restart, but it seems like you didn't get too far in before realizing. I have a question; for the opalescent fabric, do the sparkles show through the stitches at all? Considering it's a full coverage project, I was curious. Even if it doesn't I imagine the sparkly border still adds a lot of bling.
Best quality photos here, but,for more frequent updates, check out my instagram
https://www.instagram.com/moiraestitches/