Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Stitching for Charity 2016/2017/18

Monthly Video Game Craft Challenges
SheWhoRoars
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Re: Stitching for Charity 2016/2017

Post by SheWhoRoars »

I got my square done way too late, is it okay if I still mail it? I know it won't make it in the quilt this year, but maybe if I mail it now, I won't forget for later hahahaha

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

I lost my bloody square! I know it's in one of these boxes but ARGHHHHH! :D
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Oh no!!! Hope you find it soon!!!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

JemmaJ
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by JemmaJ »

I have not been able to get my square finished - sorry!
Just keep stitching...

Jemma's Stitchery | Stitch Blog: Dreaming In Aida | Instagram & Twitter: @JemmaJH

WIPs:
A Very Merry Christmas Town
Stitching for Charity 2016/17
KLT Charting: Russian Dolls SAL
and many more...

icedragonj
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by icedragonj »

Welp, guess I totally missed the boat. :sorry: Been away from the forum for a while cause life stuff including a new full time full on job. Finally found some motivation to start working on my square again. Making a lot of progress, but still over a week away from completion and I am already a month late! Guess it will be for next year, if there is a next year.
I am known across campus as "The girl who knits in lectures"

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

icedragonj wrote:Welp, guess I totally missed the boat. :sorry: Been away from the forum for a while cause life stuff including a new full time full on job. Finally found some motivation to start working on my square again. Making a lot of progress, but still over a week away from completion and I am already a month late! Guess it will be for next year, if there is a next year.
Would LOVE to see a picture of your progress!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

icedragonj
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by icedragonj »

Firehawke wrote: Would LOVE to see a picture of your progress!
Your enthusiasm was just what I needed today :grin:

Trying to do this from mobile, so apologies if it is sized weirdly.
150391267485211321470.jpg
I am known across campus as "The girl who knits in lectures"

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

It's looking great!!!

(all my pics are from my phone, too :P)

tnitnetny
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by tnitnetny »

Ok guys. The reason I had to receive them by July 1 is I needed to make sure I had plenty of time to make it in time for the dinner auction.

I just went through the squares I have and compared them to the chart. I have marked the ones I physically have in Blue. There are a few that are marked finished but I don't have them.

MadMod - shows complete but hasn't posted on the board since 2013. Have you sent the square?
KnittenKitten - shows complete and posted July 2 that is was done. Have you sent the square?
Britro - Says completed in Dec 2016 but no posts after that. Have you sent the square?

So here is my problem. I have 8 squares. That is it. That isn't enough to make a quilt. So I propose that we extend it one more year and then that is it for the charity quilts. What does everyone think?

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Sorry to hear that you only have 8 squares!

I already have another one done (that probably doesn't come as a surprise)...since you are thinking of extending it out one more year, I went ahead and added my completed block to the list. I hope to get at least 1 more block done...but really, really hoping to get more than that.

Thanks for all your hard work!

If it is decided to continue with the quilts past the one that is currently in progress, I will do my best to continue stitching up blocks!