Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Dunhour Bead Sprites Updated Dec 12th

Dunhour
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Dunhour Bead Sprites Updated Dec 12th

Post by Dunhour »

Tonight I am hosting a christmas party at my house for the first time. I decided I wanted to change things up and do a White Elephant with a twist. There will be three rounds, one made, one used, and one bought gift. Since bead sprites is something I'm known for, I figured I might as well do something that makes sense. Here is the creation I'm giving away tonight, a 3D Zelda piece. It is the first time I attempted anything 3D and to be honest, its psuedo 3D. I've seen some amazing works by other people that are full on 3D, but for the purposes of this project, this was good enough for me. The mirror in the back of the box was originally unwanted, but decided to utilize it by allowing you to see the back side of link, again creating the 3d-ish vibe.

It is in a 3d shadow box with a quote on the outside. "A sword wields no strength unless the hand that holds it has courage"

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Check out my latest epic creation! A stop motion animation + bead sprite music video. Make sure to watch in HD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5azyfXrgG9U

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Last edited by Dunhour on Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:30 am, edited 18 times in total.

LiquidKarma
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Re: Dunhour Bead Sprites

Post by LiquidKarma »

That is amazing Dunhour!! CT is one of my favorite games...any chance you'd be generous and share the pattern? :D

Dragoniron7
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by Dragoniron7 »

that is freakin awesome :yahoo:

jelibe
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by jelibe »

Gosh! I love this. Your really quite an accomplished crafter, well done :clapping:
Image http://jelibe-spritegirl.blogspot.com/ Visit my little crafty blog!!

Dunhour
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by Dunhour »

After seeing my Final Fantasy project hit the front page, I figured I might as well update my post here. I'll post up the megaman project when thats finished as well, my friend who made the CT campfire scene is helping me with it. All the beaded work is done, we're just finishing up the background + Names of all the bosses now.

Rozez1982
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by Rozez1982 »

Wow those are amazing! What do you do with the great big paneled ones? Are you going to frame them?

Dunhour
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by Dunhour »

Ah they are all framed except for the Chrono Trigger Campfire Scene. Most of them were gifts I made for other people (the campfire scene someone made for myself, but its ironed in panels instead of a single piece, making it uneven and way too big to custom frame, so still trying to figure out how to frame it). The only one i've made for myself was Final Fantasy VI. I can upload the pics of them framed if you want haha.

Dunhour
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by Dunhour »

Alright the final project is done. I'll post it again when I can use a real camera instead of my phone.

As I mentioned in the past, all of these are inside jokes, so they aren't meant to be funny to the general public :) I rewrote this a few times, in the end i'm just going to use peoples names. Steve and myself (James) worked on this project together and its being given as a gift to our friend Rob.

Top Left = Dan (Street Fighter) "DAN THE MAN"
Self explanatory.

Mid Left = Autobot Logo (Transformers) " AUTOBOT MAN"
Rob is a huge transformers fan

Bot Left = Naruto (Naruto) "RA MAN"
This one is a bit of a stretch. Rob was a naruto fan and loves ramen.

Top Mid = Gears Logo (Gears of War) "CURIOUS MAN"
There is an achievement called Dom Curious. We have a joke where Steve refuses to use Dom since he's 'not' dom curious (insert gay joke).

Mid Mid = Rob (Real Life Friend) "ROBTIMUS MAN"
We took the megaman sprite, gave him some hair, and then put him in an iron man costume. This is due to a comic book he made for Steve where on the final page he came to his rescue in an iron man suit saying ROBTIMUS is on his way. Yes its also a transformers reference.

Bot Mid = Pink Hello Kitty Darth Vader (Star Wars) "WTF MAN"
Pink. Darth Vader. WTF? Exactly. Rob recently went to comic-con where they were selling pink darth vader helmets for breast cancer.

Top Right = Batman (Batman) "BAT MAN"
Duh. We're huge batman fans and went to see the Dark Knight in theatres together. This is our all time #1 movie and Rob and I waited 2 weeks after it came out to see it when our friend Steve came back from over seas. It was a gut wrenching 2 weeks.

Mid Right = Umbrella Corporation (Resident Evil) "RACIST MAN"
This one takes a bit to explain. There was a huge controversy when RE5 came out because it takes place in Africa, and as such all the enemies are dark in skin tone. Our friend Rob felt uneasy shooting black kids, yet had no issue shooting mexican like ones in RE4. This became a running gag against him and we added the Zombie at the bottom of the beads because the game tries to play it off that RE4 and RE5 enemies are NOT zombies....yeah right.

Bot Right = Snake (Metal Gear Solid) "PULL YOURSELF TOGETHER MAN"
Ha, a very long one that feels a little out of place, but we couldn't resist this one. Rob and I played through MGS3 together and all 4 of us sat down for MGS4. Snake says this line to otacon in multiple games (at least in mgs1 and mgs4) and Rob would often use his best gruffy snake voice to say it during most/all scenes. Wherever it was appropriate, as well as every scene where it wasn't.

Overall this was a difficult project. First of all the size/scope of the project. Second of all the measuring to make sure everything was in perfect placement. Steve had to go and mix paint to be just the perfect blue color for the background and surprisingly the lettering was some of the hardest because even though you can't tell from the picture, we double layered them to create a shadow effect that more represents how they are shown in the actual game screen.

Hope you guys enjoy! Steve and I put one hell of a lot of effort into this :)

jeala
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by jeala »

!! This is amazing! You're very creative. . . I love how you guys came up with all those different names and such! ^^

LiquidKarma
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by LiquidKarma »

I love how that turned out!!! Excellent work yet again! :D