Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Various projects (mostly small)

darth_kettch
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Various projects (mostly small)

Post by darth_kettch »

I'll just lump the rest of my beadings here :)

I started on a SSB:Brawl project, but gave up half way. Characters here are Yoshi from Super Mario World 2, Donkey Kong from some GBA game, Wario (using a coloured version of his original Game Boy sprites), Jigllypuff (Jiggly!), Sonic from Sonic the Hedgehog (Master System), a single Ice Climber, Kirby and King DeDeDe (both based on their GB sprites), and a Samus in the lower left corner. And, of course, the big Dr. Wily for my Mega Man project :nod

Same board, now with 90% more Olimar!

Made some fridge magnets as gifts. GF wasn't too exited about me cluttering up our entire fridge for as long as I did :grin:

Random bits and pieces:

From the friend I made the Koopa Kids with (notice the uterus (with ovaries)):

Pipe from SMB3 (those really take a lot of effort! All that green :help: )

Big Raphael (haven't found a use for him, yet)
Image Image

That's all I've got! Hope you enjoyed them, I'll post more when/if I find the time to make them :)

Meowgan
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Re: Various projects (mostly small)

Post by Meowgan »

Oh gosh, you're so cool.

Rozez1982
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by Rozez1982 »

OMG I love all of those. You've been busy. What's with the uterus? LOL I seen it and was like "What the heck? Is that a uterus with ovaires?" before I read your caption. LOL That would make a good project for health class. I love the Thomp and how he's so detailed. I also love your Raphael. You should make all the turtles. Those were one of my favorites when I was a kid. Great job on everything. They are cool! :cool:

darth_kettch
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by darth_kettch »

OMG I love all of those. You've been busy. What's with the uterus? LOL I seen it and was like "What the heck? Is that a uterus with ovaires?" before I read your caption. LOL That would make a good project for health class. I love the Thomp and how he's so detailed. I also love your Raphael. You should make all the turtles. Those were one of my favorites when I was a kid. Great job on everything. They are cool!
Thank you :) We were in the middle of our gynecology period when we beaded those, so he decided to make a uterus just for kicks :) I'm considering making the rest of the Turtles, but I need to find a use for them first :confused: My next big project will end up at the local children's hospital, so I might finish them for that :) (if I can't come up with anything better)

johloh
Site Admin

Post by johloh »

that rafael is *beep*ing awesome. I wish I had that on my wall!!
Image "I can't drive, so I'm gonna walk all over you!"

Rozez1982
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by Rozez1982 »

Wow what a great idea! I never thought about doing these crafts to donate to a children's hospital. I would love to do that. Maybe I should look into that. Keep us updated with your new projects. I love your ideas.

Zopa
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by Zopa »

You should totally try to finish your Brawl project! Olimar looks cute and all the other characters look great so far.
I think my favorite perler work is your piranha plant/pipe--the colors look perfect!

darth_kettch
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by darth_kettch »

Zopa wrote:You should totally try to finish your Brawl project! Olimar looks cute and all the other characters look great so far.
I think my favorite perler work is your piranha plant/pipe--the colors look perfect!
Thank you! I don't see when I'd be able to pick up the Brawl guys again, but at least they're all tucked away safely in my basement :) Got a bit frustrated with the lack of good custom 8-bit sprites for some of the characters, I guess...

Rozez1982
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by Rozez1982 »

I've noticed too that some sprites from newer games is harder to do in perler bead. They just don't look right or something. But I agree, I'd love to see the whole brawl. That would be a cool scene for a wall.

darth_kettch
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by darth_kettch »

Rozez1982 wrote:I've noticed too that some sprites from newer games is harder to do in perler bead. They just don't look right or something. But I agree, I'd love to see the whole brawl. That would be a cool scene for a wall.
It's got mostly to do with the amount of shades and/or lack of outline, I think - many newer sprites just don't look good when seperated from their animation.

Get me a wall, and I'll consider doing more Brawl :P