Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

8 Bit Hair Bow

sithkitten
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

8 Bit Hair Bow

Post by sithkitten »

OK. In all honesty, this was not an original idea :( Unfortunately, I'm not that clever. I saw this on good ol' thinkgeek.com and because of my financial status i said "Hey, I can make that!" Of course, the one on the site is more 3-D and molded plastic...but mine is super cute and I can make in all sorts of colors! So in fairness, here is the link to the "real" one http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts-apparel/jewelry/e73d/

And here is mine (used 1 large peg board)
Attachments
8bit-bow-self-small.jpg
8bit-bow-self-small.jpg (192.65 KiB) Viewed 7737 times
8bit-bow-small.jpg
8bit-bow-small.jpg (174.27 KiB) Viewed 7764 times
-I'm a musician first, a food lover second, a dirty mouth with feet and a girl the last time i checked-

http://siths-stitches.deviantart.com

tetris<3
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Re: 8 Bit Hair Bow

Post by tetris<3 »

Those are really cute. I actually like yours better! Good Job. :thumbsup:
Expecting my first future gamer Dec 2012

I know Karate, Kung Fu, and 47 other dangerous words.

loserkid5150
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by loserkid5150 »

I like a lot of Think Geek's products but they too are a company that steals from smaller independent crafters. I don't really like how they steal perler bead pieces and make them; but I do wonder if Think Geek's products are are durable. Regardless your version is cool too.

faewren
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by faewren »

Meh - I looked at the one on thinkgeek and that was my reaction. Meh.

But yours however, now that looks cute! And you could work out little patterns to put in the bow instead of just red. Like a coin or something. I mean yeah, you only have 9 pixels high to work with but still, I bet there's a lot you could do within the framework of the black.

Something I have found out in my craft-life - when you have a great base like this bow pattern you can do variations on a theme, and they all look interesting.

I may have to try that myself. Hey - way to go with inspiring others!
We are the Patchwork Pokemon Gym! Fear our needles for we summon our Pokemon with fabric and floss! And we are AWESOME!!

harmonden
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by harmonden »

This is too cute. My daughter wants to make this. Did you glue it to a barrette? How did you do that part?
HARMONDEN VIDEO GAME CRAFTS
xxx Etsy store: Click here! xxx

Brookii-bear
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by Brookii-bear »

I made one of these, and the bow shape came out perfect it is so cute even cuter in real life but how do you attach it to a clip? when I tried, I barely applied pressure to the clip/bow combo and snap there goes a project I worked into my quite busy high school schedule down the drain. I don't see why that should have happened.