Bead Sprites by ShampooTeacher

ShampooTeacher
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Bead Sprites by ShampooTeacher

Post by ShampooTeacher »

Hi Everyone,

Here are my favourite bead crafts that I have made:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

credit:
Itachi, Kakashi and probably Yondaime: Neimad
Bowser ripped by Croshi
Toon Link original pixel art by AbyssWolf at http://www.deviantart.com
M vs C Spiderman: ripped by Alvin-Earthworm
SuperMarioKart Wario by Toni Barra
MarioKart Wii Mario by Giaaatacos
MegaManX, Link and Cloud by Orkimides
Last edited by ShampooTeacher on Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:31 pm, edited 23 times in total.

johloh
Site Admin

Re: My favourites

Post by johloh »

nice! I loved mario kart on the snes...still the best version.
Image "I can't drive, so I'm gonna walk all over you!"

Zopa
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by Zopa »

Awesome! I like the Mario Kart ones too and love the detail in Spiderman. About how big is the ? box in real life?

ShampooTeacher
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by ShampooTeacher »

Zopa wrote:Awesome! I like the Mario Kart ones too and love the detail in Spiderman. About how big is the ? box in real life?
Each side is slightly bigger than one pegboard, so about 7 or 8 inches on each side? I thought about making it 1:1 ratio to the original sprite, but that was too small so I put down four beads for every pixel and I got a better result, I think.

Rozez1982
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by Rozez1982 »

OMG I love them! Especially the Spiderman. I'm a huge Marvel fan as well. I never even thought about doing those characters in perler. My husband would love that! I absolutely love this craft. There's so much you can make. Great job!

veritas
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by veritas »

I absolutely love the style of this art/craft. I live in Canada and I've been searching for Perler beads and can't seem to find any. Does anyone know where to look? The only ones I've found have been in tiny kits.
Thanks

crazedmomof4
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by crazedmomof4 »

The Mario carts are amazing! I'm going to try to make them for my son's birthday party to put into the kids treat bags. My son (who will be 7 in 2 weeks) is having a Mario themed birthday party and they don't have much as far as favors go, so I've been scouring the net looking for ideas. For his Valentine's party at school, I made a perler bead box I found on this site too. He LOVED it.

My husband says you can get perler beads on Ebay. Sorted by color no less. All the beads I've bought at stores (Hobby Lobby, and I've found some at Wal-Mart too) are just in a big bucket and you have to sort them out yourself...which is just about as fun as a trip to the dentist if you ask me!

PaperRockScisorz
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by PaperRockScisorz »

crazedmomof4 wrote:The Mario carts are amazing! I'm going to try to make them for my son's birthday party to put into the kids treat bags. My son (who will be 7 in 2 weeks) is having a Mario themed birthday party and they don't have much as far as favors go, so I've been scouring the net looking for ideas. For his Valentine's party at school, I made a perler bead box I found on this site too. He LOVED it.

My husband says you can get perler beads on Ebay. Sorted by color no less. All the beads I've bought at stores (Hobby Lobby, and I've found some at Wal-Mart too) are just in a big bucket and you have to sort them out yourself...which is just about as fun as a trip to the dentist if you ask me!
You can indeed get perler beads on ebay. You should check out the seller, Callahan13, and her store. She's great to do business with.
You could also consider perler mushrooms for the gift bags. :) Those are super easy to put together quickly.
"Keep true to the rare music in your heart, to the marvelous and unique form that is and shall always be nothing else but you. Keep to that and you can do nothing wrong, which I realize is easier said than done." - House of Leaves
<3

crazedmomof4
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by crazedmomof4 »

My son saw the picture of the perler karts and went nuts! He's so excited about this party. They don't have a lot of Mario themed party favors, so it's taking a little more work on my part...but it doesn't bother me much. He's so easy to please...if it's Mario, he's happy. Actually, Luigi is his main favorite...but he'll take whatever he can get. I got red and green baseball caps and I'm making them into hats for the kids (although, I have to go get my daughter a little foam crown so she can be Peach LOL), and I've done his invites on the computer. I just have to figure out how print them so that the front and inside will be where they are supposed to be. I also go some rainbow colored treat boxes and printed a Mario graphic with the child's name on it. If anyone has any other ideas, I'd love to hear them as well. Bear in mind I only have 13 days though LOL. I'll show everyone the stuff I end up with!

jelibe
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by jelibe »

You could make a mario banding to go around the cake. You could easily print one up then. Also, paper pixel art. Make, say Mario and luigi, each pixel a square of paper (stick to larger piece) and stick that to the doors. Instant decorations!! These should be really fun to do with the kids too. They could do some drawings or paintings to put up.
On the printing issue with the invitations. I printed one off first then turned it round and put through the printer again for the other design (may take one or two to figure out correctly) Its the best way of doing it (well the easiest).
Hope the party goes well, we've had a mario party for our now 10yo for the past 2 years and it goes down very well. Just add pizza and cake for less mess than a buffet!!
Image http://jelibe-spritegirl.blogspot.com/ Visit my little crafty blog!!