Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

My two boys try perler beads :)

Mandy82
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

My two boys try perler beads :)

Post by Mandy82 »

I joined this forum mainly for cross stitching, but ever since I have seen the work you are all doing with perler beads, I thought we would give them a try. And what better way to help my 5 year old...he has Aspergers Syndrome, and working with perler beads helps him with his fine motor skills, which are quite poor.
Anyway, my 7 year old decided he wanted to do a Zelda key , - he has been obsessed with Zelda games since he was 3 years old and I gave him my N64 and Ocarina of Time to play one rainy afternoon...

And my 5 year old wanted Mario which is his obsession...

I think I did an ok job at ironing...please let me know if I didn't lol! They were based off some Google images. Thanks for letting me share these :)

susanne
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Re: My two boys try perler beads :)

Post by susanne »

they're nice! I think your boys did a good job putting them together. and although I don't do beads now, I made lots of them when I was their age and your ironing looks better than my mums back then ;)
I'd really like to start beading again, but HAMA seems expensive here (Netherlands). I'll check out some on line shops.

TaruSway
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by TaruSway »

Beautiful! My ten year old has autism and his fine motor skills are not very good either. He started playing video games at 18 months, and his obsession. . . Mario as well!! I may have to pick up some beads and let him have a go at them!!
-Sway
Mother, Lover, Gamer
Spoiler
Image on spoiler till I make a more size appropriate one!!

Mandy82
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by Mandy82 »

Thanks for the comments :)
They are hanging to do more, but we brought the beads in a mixed pack, so they have to wait until I sort them into colours lol. They wanted to help but there is way too many shades of each colour!
We are in Australia and I brought them from our craft store, Spotlight, but I have found someone on eBay who is alot cheaper, so I will get them from there now. I am also hanging to make something, but can't decide what!