Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Where to buy?

michaela
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Where to buy?

Post by michaela »

Where do you guys buy your supplies for this? Im looking to try it out but I havent seen these anywhere since I was a kid. Im in europe so preferably somewhere around here but anywhere is fine.
Any info would be appreciated, Ill need both the beads and the things you put them on (lol, what do you call these?)

Thank you!

MrTroy
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Re: Where to buy?

Post by MrTroy »

I buy everything from this ebay store: http://stores.ebay.com/BakersKidsCraftsBooks-More

Found her through this board, she has the best prices and selection, although she recently told me that she can't get Hama beads in the US at the moment, so since you're across the pond you should be able to find those locally.

Cerity
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by Cerity »

I just bought a whole bunch from Michelle myself, but she is mainly for the US I think (because it's hard to find hama/nabbi suppliers here for a decent price)

There are different manufacturers that have different names for their products (and usually slightly different color sets). If you're not looking for any particular color or brand, try looking for any of these names in the craft stores near you: hama (hama "midi"s are the most popular size, although minis are cute too), perler, nabbi, fuse beads, and photo pearls.

I'm not sure what kind of craft stores you have, but these bead crafts are usually filed under the "kids" section of a website or store that would sell them. Around me in the US, it's hard to get any particular color or brand, as all my nearby stores have just multi-colored buckets of perler beads, but I have been able to find various stores online that sell the other brands (including herrsherrs, mary maxim, michael's craft store, joanne's fabrics, etc). Do some browsing and make some calls to find your best buy nearby!

In terms of other supplies, you want peg boards, some parchment paper (or whatever equivalent you have, just not wax), and possibly tweezers. The best, most versatile option for peg boards are the "large" squares, which are plain 29x29 pegs, either clear or colored. They hook together and can be made into any size or shape necessary for any project.

I hope that helps! There are lots of techniques in terms of ironing and what you do with the projects when they're done, so make sure to experiment with what you enjoy most! :zelda

michaela
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by michaela »

Thanks a lot :)

xrobbedgex
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by xrobbedgex »

I'm in Europe, and I get everything I need from http://hamabeadshop.com