Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Perlers by Moxi

Moxi
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Perlers by Moxi

Post by Moxi »

I actually haven't done any perler projects for a while now (almost a year), but I decided to take some pictures anyway. Taking pictures of the Dr. Mario project (it's meant to be a tissue box cover, but I stopped when I realized my ironing skilz were not leet) made me decide to take it up again, so hopefully I will have the rest of it finished soon. Enjoy!

My first perlers: FF1 characters and a piscodemon:
Spoiler
ff perler beads.JPG
ff perler beads.JPG (243.37 KiB) Viewed 3373 times
Per my husband's request: Cecil from FF2/4
Spoiler
cecil perler.JPG
cecil perler.JPG (150.2 KiB) Viewed 3372 times
3 sides from a Dr. Mario tissue box cover - I need to finish the top and the red virus
Spoiler
dr mario perlers.JPG
dr mario perlers.JPG (182.61 KiB) Viewed 3370 times
And some silly guitars I made for my niece - unfortunately the neck on one of them has already started to break.
Spoiler
perler guitars.JPG
perler guitars.JPG (210.51 KiB) Viewed 3371 times

blstormo
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Re: Perlers by Moxi

Post by blstormo »

looks great!

the dr mario set is probably my favorite! be sure to post when its finished up! :)

Asinine
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Asinine »

Constructive feedback (read: don't take it wrong!): I haven't played the FF games. I know the characters from 8-bit Theater... but your second picture of the FF2/4 character is way too big for my eyes/brain to process (and the hubby seconded that opinion). Maybe try to make the picture smaller or put it on its own post? The site is limiting it to the point where you can only see about half of it at once (which doesn't work for us who don't know what it is to begin with). All the others look fantabulous though! :thumbsup:
I'm too poor to pwn, so I r3nt.

Moxi
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by Moxi »

Asinine wrote:Constructive feedback (read: don't take it wrong!): I haven't played the FF games. I know the characters from 8-bit Theater... but your second picture of the FF2/4 character is way too big for my eyes/brain to process (and the hubby seconded that opinion). Maybe try to make the picture smaller or put it on its own post? The site is limiting it to the point where you can only see about half of it at once (which doesn't work for us who don't know what it is to begin with). All the others look fantabulous though! :thumbsup:
Oh, I can totally see where you're coming from. Does this help at all?
cecil perler 2.JPG
cecil perler 2.JPG (59.46 KiB) Viewed 3309 times

Asinine
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Asinine »

Yes, thank you!

I think it just really helps having him all visible at once. :thumbsup:

I just realised I forgot to add in my original post: Great job!
I'm too poor to pwn, so I r3nt.

angelaw
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by angelaw »

hiya
i was wondering if you could help me, i have been doin hama beads for a while now but i have only ever copied off an actual print out, i am wanting to start my own projects and picture but not sure how to start from scratch not knowing where the pieces should go. is there any way of doing this?
hope this makes sense :-s
thanks very much
angela

Lord Libidan
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Lord Libidan »

angelaw wrote:hiya
i have been doin hama beads for a while now but i have only ever copied off an actual print out, i am wanting to start my own projects and picture but not sure how to start from scratch not knowing where the pieces should go.
angela
Your best bet is to make up an image in paint or copy one from a picture on the internet. Then put it into a cross stitch program (look at the technique section for good programs) and then print your own guide off.
Hope that helps :D