Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

After completion

Unorez
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

After completion

Post by Unorez »

So I've fully placed all my beads for my first project...took like two weeks to finish it but I'm real happy with it now I just need to iron it and I'll be done!...there is just one little issue...I have no idea what to do after I've ironed it. I mean, since this IS my first one, what do you do with a completed piece? This is a very dumb question I know, but I could really use some ideas. And of course once I'm done ironing it, I'll post the pics here

dvdwojnar
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Re: After completion

Post by dvdwojnar »

Well, there's always framing it (especially for a big piece). You could also back it with foam-core and make sort of a prop that would stand on its own. Or you could just leave it as-is and hang it somewhere for display. There are tons of possibilities, really. Its just about how much time/effort you want to put into the display method and if you want to go out and get extra materials (frame, foam core, etc).

ashleyl0413

Post by ashleyl0413 »

I have been following this and was so excited and hoping for pictures! I cannot wait to see it when you are done!

luchadork
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by luchadork »

Depending how big it is, you could frame them or do what I did and attatch little magnets to the back for fridge magnets or add little rings and make a necklace! When I really got into perler beads, I made so many things and then looked around and said "what the heck am I supposed to do with this all?!" lol Ended up giving as gifts or making jewelry and magnets.
http://worldofdorkcraft.blogspot.com/ Blog I share with my fiance about all the dorky things we make :)

LiquidKarma
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by LiquidKarma »

Like dvdwojnar mentioned, foam core is always a good option. A lot of my sprites are just on my wall with sticky tack because i'm not motivated to do too much :) depending on the size you could frame it.

BTW...did you make some small sprites to practice ironing on??

Unorez
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by Unorez »

LOL...didn't know that people were following my progress :D First off, the project is 2 long by 4 tall so necklace is kinda out. Second that foam...thingy...y'all mentioned sounds interesting. Are there any pics that give a good representation of that?

and to Liquid...not yet...I'm actually having the hardest time (get this) finding an iron lol... Like NO ONE I know has one...I've even asked my family and no one has one either...who'da thunk it?

I've taken a few pics of the backside of the image...I can't remember who gave me the idea of doing this but to whom ever told me about ironing the back side and leaving the front, cheers to you! Should I post the nearly finished project or wait till I find an iron and post everything all at once?

ashleyl0413

Post by ashleyl0413 »

Please post a picture! I really want to see it! I believe it is ShampooTeacher that does that(flipping the image). I always mean to do it but always forget :P

Unorez
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by Unorez »

Alright, due to popular demand, tomorrow afternoon, a few pics of the unironed and backwards picture of zero will be posted...stay tuned!

dvdwojnar
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by dvdwojnar »

The best display of the foam core mounting I've seen has been by Doctor Octoroc. Link (scroll down a bit) He does a lot of sprites where he layers different sections of a sprite, and then it has an awesome 3d look (see the tank-looking thing in assembly?). You obviously don't have to do that, but some of the method is the same: you get foam core, you mount the beads to it.