Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Ironing Paper

Unorez
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Ironing Paper

Post by Unorez »

My first project is now under way! I think that I may have still picked to large of a picture to start with but that's neither here nor there. What I'm wondering now is what do I use for Ironing Paper? can I use just any kinda paper or is it a specific type of paper? I ask because as of right now, my picture of zero is currently 2X8 pegboards full and I'd rather not screw up such a...large...project...any advise?

LiquidKarma
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Re: Ironing Paper

Post by LiquidKarma »

Use parchment paper. DO NOT use wax paper as it will melt to the beads and ruin your project.

Unorez
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by Unorez »

hate sounding dumb but what IS parchment paper? Can you get like single sheets at stores or do you HAVE to buy in bulk?

LiquidKarma
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by LiquidKarma »

Unorez wrote:hate sounding dumb but what IS parchment paper? Can you get like single sheets at stores or do you HAVE to buy in bulk?
You can buy a roll of it at any grocery store in the baking section. It's super cheap so don't worry about getting a whole roll. I think I bought mine for about $2

Parchment paper is coated in silicone which is why it's primarily used for baking and can withstand very high heat.

Unorez
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by Unorez »

Thanks alot for the advise!

XplodingPenguin
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by XplodingPenguin »

i work at a canadian pizza place called panago, and we have single sheets of parchment that is about 11x11 inches, and it works perfectly. i only had to pay 25 cents for like 5 sheets

Unorez
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by Unorez »

lol...well I don't know if I have the time or money to travel up to Canada just for some paper heh heh...

DWgrrl
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by DWgrrl »

Unorez wrote:lol...well I don't know if I have the time or money to travel up to Canada just for some paper heh heh...

every one shouldhave the time to travel up to canada... canada rocks! you could always get a wee canadian to mail it too you :D if you realllly wanted haha..
Cats are awesome, just not when you are cross stitching.
"All my work comes with free cat hair"

http://gamestitches.blogspot.com/

Stardrifter
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by Stardrifter »

lol yeah there's only a bagillion of us on here ;P