Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Help?

Discuss how you complete your crafts...
jelibe
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Re: Help?

Post by jelibe »

I was just surfing a bit for you. I came across this site that has DMC thread at $0.42 each. I don't know P&P but you could take a closer look. http://www.salt-and-pepper.com/store5/a ... &user4=DMC just copy and paste into top bar. Please note, all I'm doing is surfing the net. I typed in DMC cross stitch thread into google. I hope this helps. That price is probable better than what I get on the UK site. :D
Image http://jelibe-spritegirl.blogspot.com/ Visit my little crafty blog!!

benjibot
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by benjibot »

I can usually get a sheet of fabric—either 11x14 or 15x17—for under $3. My local Joann's sells embroidery floss 3 for $1 and occasionally holds a sale for 4 for $1. A pack of needles runs about $2 or less. You might could want a hoop. Those are a couple of bucks. I'd get a 6 inch one if none other.

It's not too expensive to get started. Finishing and framing can get a little spendy. It's a lot cheaper than many other hobbies.

You don't really need to worry about paying for patterns if you're going to start with the video game stuff. Just post in the pattern requests forum.
Blog: Sorry Town, USA | Tweets: Twitter | Photos: Flickr | Sales: Etsy

keeperoflore
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by keeperoflore »

thanks for the help guys, im really hoping that's i can get a chance to go to a place that sells the stuff i need, cause i want to be able to see the colors before i buy them.... at least for my first few projects.

and the framing shouldn't be to much of a problem, for some reason my i seem to have hundereds of empty frames in this house... no idea why either.... well at least some of them should work for my projects.

i think the first thing im gonna do is just pick some of my favorite 8-bit and 16-bit games and start making sprites from them. should at least get me used to the craft. i think ill start with Secret of Mana(i have the sprites and i took the liberty of downloading KG-Char LE, so i should be set, anything i need to know about this program? it seems straightforward...)

Servotron
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by Servotron »

KG Chart is a pretty easy program to use, plus it seems to be easier to edit your pattern as it has its own little graphics editing panel on the left hand side. Just be sure that when you import in your sprite/picture that the Width and Height count are set to the same size as the original sprite. Hmm, maybe I should write a guide for using this program....
Image Image Image Image

keeperoflore
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by keeperoflore »

that would be very nice of you, and im sure it would be helpful to more people than just me.