Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

How do you store your floss?

Discuss how you complete your crafts...
Yurtle
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Re: How do you store your floss?

Post by Yurtle »

I'm also a bobbin and box girl! I've sorted them numerically and I just keep all the duplicates with their number. I think I've filled about 4 boxes but I have every colour so I don't think I'll need to go to a 5th box (fingers crossed)! I do happen to have a spare box lying around for when I have a super big project on the go and there are too many bobbins to really fit in my baggie system, without me screaming every time I need a new colour! :)

amneufeld
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by amneufeld »

I finally bought one of everything I didn't own while I was in the US (found a place selling skeins for 25 cents, ZOMG!), but I'm not looking forward to putting the 150ish new colours all on bobbins, yikes.

blackberrybear
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by blackberrybear »

amneufeld wrote:I finally bought one of everything I didn't own while I was in the US (found a place selling skeins for 25 cents, ZOMG!)
Where did you find that place?

gamerwolff
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by gamerwolff »

I store my floss on bobbins in boxes....i have all of DMC, including all the specialty ones...and im on box #7 on just floss.

My beads are stored in small glass vials to prevent static electricity. 6 of these little vials fit into one square of the same boxes I use for bobbins...so far i only one box(filled to the gills) of beads.

My Kreinik flosses are alo stored in the boxes and I can fit 3 to 5 of them in one block depending on the size of the bobbin they come on. I have one box of those about halfway filled.

I also have a seperate box for Anchor thread...just starting to get all the colors for them so only one box with about 50 colors.

I also have a box for buttons/charms and another one for accessories like scissors needles and other tools.

Current project bobbins/colors go into the baggies on ring. Right now i have one so full it looks like a rolladex lol. :D

So I have 10 boxes. so far.....i never realized how much stitch stuff i had until now.... :shock:
ImageImageImageImageImage

Current Projects:
Gifts
CP Quilt Squares

Aelys
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Aelys »

gamerwolff wrote:Current project bobbins/colors go into the baggies on ring. Right now i have one so full it looks like a rolladex lol. :D
I'm having the exact same problem! All 150 colors for the Zelda Helmeroc King on a couple of rings taking almost all the space on the coffee table :shock:

I would like to store the baggies in a box after I'm done with a project, without having to transfer the floss on bobbins. Does anyone know if there are boxes of the right size and where I can find them?

amneufeld
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by amneufeld »

blackberrybear wrote:
amneufeld wrote:I finally bought one of everything I didn't own while I was in the US (found a place selling skeins for 25 cents, ZOMG!)
Where did you find that place?
It's a little hole in the wall craft store in Madison, WI. Wish they shipped!

gamerwolff
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by gamerwolff »

Aelys wrote:

I'm having the exact same problem! All 150 colors for the Zelda Helmeroc King on a couple of rings taking almost all the space on the coffee table

I would like to store the baggies in a box after I'm done with a project, without having to transfer the floss on bobbins. Does anyone know if there are boxes of the right size and where I can find them?
I find that coincidentally that larger rolladex boxes do work or like boxes used to hold like footnotes work too. :nod You can find a great selection of either of these at Staples or Office Max...probably any office supply store. I would take a couple baggies with me to see what works best. I bought a box that fits mine perfectly, but alas i have not moved my "roladex" project ring to it due to the fact im not done with the project. :grin:

Hope this helps. :zelda

Current Projects:
Gifts
CP Quilt Squares

Aelys
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Aelys »

I did a quick search on Google Images and I see what you mean. Who would have ever thought of office supplies stores? I have a Staples just around the corner, I'll definitely go check what they have as soon as possible. Thanks a lot for the tip! :good:

gamerwolff
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by gamerwolff »

No problem! :grin: I figured it out by happenstance when I went there to buy some rad highlighters. They're erasable, and you use friction to do it instead of like a reversal ink, so the highlighter never fades back to the way it was. They're awesome! :thumbsup:

Current Projects:
Gifts
CP Quilt Squares

gamerwolff
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by gamerwolff »

I sooooooooo want this cabinet though.

http://charlescraft.com/limitededitionb ... binet.aspx

I likey! :grin: