Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

How do you organize and store your floss?

Discuss how you complete your crafts...
ShellyElli
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Re: How do you organize and store your floss?

Post by ShellyElli »

I have mine in snack sized bags in a small container. I have recently made a database to help keep track of what I have and how many.

drdenman
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by drdenman »

I recently sorted my collection into a binder with baseball card sleeves. I love it! I even grabbed a set of the cheap little stickers with the DMC number so that I could label each of the slots. It's a zipper binder, so nothing will fall out. It also has an accordion file built in and I have patterns stored in there. The outside front has a built in pencil pocket that I keep needles and other small notions in.
I was planning on keeping all aida in there too but found out that the threads fill the binder themselves, and I have way more aida than I originally thought. So I'm on the hunt for another binder. I bought multi-page capacity binder sleeves for the aida, and they work great but, again, I ran out of room in the original binder.
The current plan is to get another binder similar to the one I have, maybe a size larger. Then I put all the aida in in the multipage sleeves. Then I'll move all the patterns to that binder, so I can keep color conversion charts and color sample books with the threads.
Phase three will likely be buying another binder to hold just patterns.

I keep buying zipper binders because I want to keep the sun from discoloring my supplies. And I've been able to find lots of good quality, acid free binder inserts to hold everything.
(I bought these multipage sleeves and these Card Sleeves (but I went to a card store so I could buy the exact number that I wanted.))

fangy89
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by fangy89 »

I have mine sorted by number in the plastic separated cases as well. The only difference is that I have an empty one that I use when I have a big or important project going and so I pull all the colors I need for it, put them in the empty case, and fold the color list from the printed pattern so that it can fit inside the box face-up. That way, I don't confuse it with the other boxes and I find it really helps me stay focused on working on one thing at a time so that I actually finish lol