Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Final Fantasy Moogle

Post your completed patterns here...
Nitewing
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Final Fantasy Moogle

Post by Nitewing »

Ok, I'm going to start on this one for the stitch along for May. Getting the materials later this week.
Anyway, first time doing a pattern from...anything really. Feel free to give hints, tips, tricks etc. Also first time posting attachments lol, go easy on
me.
Moogle.sth
Moogle Pattern
(15.75 KiB) Downloaded 816 times
BTW, I look forward to being an active member of this community.

And the pic I made it from.
Attachments
Moogle1.png
Moogle1.png (6.48 KiB) Viewed 9348 times

Nitewing
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Re: Final Fantasy Moogle

Post by Nitewing »

*Updated*
I cleaned up the pattern a bit so it looks much nicer now. He no longer has a five o'clock shadow and I cleaned up the blush and made the ball on the top of his head look more rounded. Still 17 Colors though, not a whole lot I could do about that. And it's a biggish pattern too. Rounded up I think it ends up being 16CM(w) X 34(h) CM or 6.5 X 14.5 Inches roughly on 22 Count Aida. And what size needle do you use for 22 Count?
Would someone mind checking those numbers? I'm still a little new at figuring out the size of a finished project.
Moogle changed.sth
(13.13 KiB) Downloaded 665 times

Servotron
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by Servotron »

Looks good! I don't know how you worked out the size in inches though. It's more like 3 x 6.5 inches on 22 count aida. You work it out by dividing the size of the image by the count of the aida you are using.
Image Image Image Image

Nitewing
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by Nitewing »

Wow, that would have been awkward....So if I wanted a larger pattern what would I do? Resize the original picture and go from there? Ideally I'd like something the size of a printed page, say 8.5 X 11 inches. Does that mean I start with a picutre that's 85X110 pixels? Again, you'll have to forgive the newness to all this. It doesn't necessarily have to be on 22 count, I can work with 14 or something. I just figured you'd get a nicer picture with 22 since there's more stitches and thus more detail.

*update*.
I think I know what I did. I'm pretty sure my math was based on using 14 count instead of 22. *facepalm" hokay, I think I get it now.
Allright, so 22 count, 11in x 5 in is roughly 242 high x 114 wide (in stitches).

I'll probably just do the smaller one anyway cause I'm still new lol. But this is good to know for the future. Thanks Servo!

jelibe
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by jelibe »

You could always go with 18 count you know. That way the piece will be a little bigger. The way you want it.
You have a choice of these counts of fabric aida. 8, 11 (these are for kids manly), 14, 16 (I mostly use this), 18 and beyond (I've not ventured this far yet).
Image http://jelibe-spritegirl.blogspot.com/ Visit my little crafty blog!!