Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Epic Pokemon Pattern Generation I

Post your completed patterns here...
KatieVictoria
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Re: Epic Pokemon Pattern Generation I

Post by KatieVictoria »

So, I'm new to this site but came across this pokemon pattern whilst browsing for pokemon projects. I'm planning on hopefully doing all of the Gen patterns, I've literally just started this one today. I'm excited to see how it turns out :yahoo:
A cross stitching cat lady.

rockstar105
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by rockstar105 »

OK, I am getting ready to start this pattern. I have got the pattern downloaded and noticed there is no backstitching for line work on it. Has anyone added this? And do you recommend adding it? Also, are you using 1 or 2 stands of floss?
Thanks!

KatieVictoria
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by KatieVictoria »

rockstar105 wrote:OK, I am getting ready to start this pattern. I have got the pattern downloaded and noticed there is no backstitching for line work on it. Has anyone added this? And do you recommend adding it? Also, are you using 1 or 2 stands of floss?
Thanks!
From my experience of doing this pattern ( so far I've been working on it for about 3 or 4 weeks and done the top row of Pokemon ), you don't need to do any backstitching, I think it will add more work for you if you do - that is just personal preference. I am sewing with 2 strands of floss as it gives a more bold colour than just using the 1.
A cross stitching cat lady.

rockinwithrammstein
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by rockinwithrammstein »

rockstar105 wrote:OK, I am getting ready to start this pattern. I have got the pattern downloaded and noticed there is no backstitching for line work on it. Has anyone added this? And do you recommend adding it? Also, are you using 1 or 2 stands of floss?
Thanks!
It depends on the fabric count. For 18, I would definitely recommend 2-ply. My advice, though, would be to stitch a couple practice rows on a different piece of canvas so you get a feel for your preferred amount of coverage.
Current Projects:
Joan Elliot Geisha
Mega Peacock (page 3 of 40)
Sophie's Universe

Visit my blog http://vmfwbojtte.blogspot.com :)

Kala852
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by Kala852 »

Okay, I'm about to smack my former self. I measured wrong, so I'm 2 inches off. Of course the past me had to cut the fabric. I have not even a page done (I was marking it out). I'm so not looking forward to starting over. Does anyone have any suggestions other than starting over?

XxlinglingxX
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by XxlinglingxX »

I am currently working on this and it is a large challenge. I had to do it on 14 ct. aida as that is all my local places had. I have only started the top right corner and am enjoying it a lot. So thanks a ton for the pattern!

2BAMaster
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by 2BAMaster »

I actually like using stitching patters for perler sprites and I just recently started this! It's been a blast to make so far

lcockitt
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by lcockitt »

It's been a while (2 years!) since I've worked on this, but I bought it out of hibernation last weekend. Sadly I've not had chance to do much this week but I'm hoping to get more done this weekend.
Spoiler
Epic after weekend.jpg
Epic after weekend.jpg (450.9 KiB) Viewed 6640 times
Currently attempting: Epic Pokemon Cross Stitch Gen I, M'aiq the Liar
Knitting - Fusion in Paris

Don't judge me - blogging about allsorts https://dontjudgemebut.wordpress.com/

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Looking great! Good luck getting some done this weekend!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

fangy89
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by fangy89 »

I LOVE this so much! This pattern is what really got me hooked on cross-stitching. I've been neglecting working on it these past couple months but I'm almost halfway done, and I just bought this amaaaaazing new hoop (well...square, technically?) that's started me back up again so I'm super psyched!! So much so that I already snagged the patterns for the rest of the gens haha...I'll check back with those in about ohhhhh 5 or 6 years XD