Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Epic Pokemon Pattern Generation I

Post your completed patterns here...
Moirae
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Re: Epic Pokemon Pattern Generation I

Post by Moirae »

didi01160 wrote:Hi everyone, I've been working on this project on and off since 2015,
I get that mew is a bit orangy but what about pokemon 102 ? I think you call it exeggcute, it goes by "nœunœuf" for me and it's supposed to be pink not orange !
What number do I need to replace DMC #722 ?
I'm not stitching this piece, but that does look very orange. I've seen a cross stitch with exeggcute that uses DMC 945. It's still in the orange color family, but to me it has a slightly pink tinge. That might work better for you than 722. Snapped a quick pic of the 2 colors side by side for you to judge.
color sample.jpg
Best quality photos here, but,for more frequent updates, check out my instagram
https://www.instagram.com/moiraestitches/

didi01160
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by didi01160 »

I finally received the new color and some supplies and I'm back to stitching.
It looks so much better now ! Thank you
IMG_20180329_105506.jpg

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

That looks great with the new color!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

didi01160
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by didi01160 »

Is it just me or is it too orange Again ? Voltorb is orange now ? I'm going insane :banghead:
I had to stitch this first orange, I wasn't very happy about it and now I need to continue with an even more electric orange ? no no no
IMG_20180331_001402.jpg

Moirae
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by Moirae »

didi01160 wrote:I finally received the new color and some supplies and I'm back to stitching.
It looks so much better now ! Thank you
You're welcome. Thanks for sharing the update picture. I agonize over colors sometimes too and I wind up stalling on the project or just stop caring.. and I just saw your second post. Sorry I didn't see it earlier. Another orange problem? I had similar problems with the orange shades in my Epic Mario stitching. I found it helped a lot to study the WIP/finished examples of others to see if the color looks off before I start stitching. Though I was too cowardly to start changing colors until I was almost 1/5 in. Also, I'm about to order fabric and extra skeins today for a piece that all in red on black, but the pattern calls for bright orange and I'm dubious about it. :confused: I'm probably going to have to stitch a few colors on some scrap black to choose since the pattern calls for 7 skeins and is monochrome, I need to get it right.

Ok I looked at the pattern, it was hard for me to find him, but it's 740 and 3340 on Voltorb, right? All the patterns I've just seen of him have threads on the orangey side. I don't remember him much, but I think he's supposed to be pinker or red. I saw 970 and 947 on patterns, but those are still very orange to me. I looked at the shades around those on the floss card for a lighter and darker color and I'm thinking 900 (Dark Burnt Orange, I believe I used this one for some of the mario "reds" too) might work and either 3824 or 967 for the lighter spot.
All the colors mentioned together, to help with your decision.
color sample voltorb.jpg

Tigroux
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by Tigroux »

So, I decided the start this as I wanted and needed a long term project. I also work in a call center so I get time while working to do this. Here is progress after 1 month. Oct 1st to Nov 1st 2018.

Sorry if picture comes upside down. Doing this on my phone :banghead:
Attachments
Front 1 month
Front 1 month

FireKraken
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by FireKraken »

Fantastic start tigroux! Really getting me excited to reach that corner, even if it's a year or two away. Good luck ave keep up the great progress!

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

It's looking great!!! And how fun that you can do some stitching at work!

(and I can total relate to the frustration that can come with posting pictures using your phone...mine often end up sideways :P)
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

Moirae
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by Moirae »

Tigroux wrote:So, I decided the start this as I wanted and needed a long term project. I also work in a call center so I get time while working to do this. Here is progress after 1 month. Oct 1st to Nov 1st 2018.

Sorry if picture comes upside down. Doing this on my phone :banghead:
Great start. I think that's pretty good progress for a month only, too.

Tigroux
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

4mo work

Post by Tigroux »

Here is an update. 4 months of work so far
Attachments
20190209_131331.jpg