Current Challenge - In Game Ads -

Sprite Stitch Pattern Wiki

Post your completed patterns here...
SunkistShiek
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Sprite Stitch Pattern Wiki

Postby SunkistShiek » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:47 am

Just to be clear- On the list of patterns to be imported, is the name/URL you have what you use to import? Example: You have Bad Superman as the name from old wiki. That should be the name on the new one?
WIP
Link's Sword (4/30); SAL Sampler; Adult Size Monster Pants (knitting)

funkymonkey
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Postby funkymonkey » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:14 am

Current projects: , ,

:pac

QueenBex
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby QueenBex » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:42 am

"much better to have a bottom that naturally flattens out than one that goes every which way when it's sitting on a surface" -RMDC

SunkistShiek
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Postby SunkistShiek » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:39 pm

DUDE! I added a page to the wikia.....got so frustrated I almost flipped out. But don't worry, I figured it out and everything's cool again. *whew* Now that I know how to do it, I can definitely do more. It's just the first one gave my brain a problem. 1 down, many more to go. :clap:
WIP

funkymonkey
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Postby funkymonkey » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:47 am

Haha, sorry for the frustration! Luckily, once you get the pattern, it's just the same thing over and over. It is also easier to copy/paste the code into the source editor than to use the visual editor, for me personally.

One thing to note, the "Stitch count" field isn't referring to 14/16/18 count, but rather the total number of stitches in the pattern, so like 4,620. I think this field was on the old wiki as well, but almost entirely used incorrectly (since anything can be stitched on any count); makes more sense to give the total number of stitches so you have an idea of the complexity of the project. I probably should rename that field from "stitch count" to "Total number of stitches", but i'd have to update all the existing pages to match. Probably still worth it.
Current projects: , ,

:pac

Livingdeadgirl
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Postby Livingdeadgirl » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:00 am

Hey Everyone!

Just wanted to thank everyone for the work that has been put into this new site. It is super easy to navigate and i really love that each pattern is attached to its respective article.....makes it fun to see where it came from.

if there is anything i can do to help you all with this major project let me know. i am not very internet savvy so doing the url/link things is too much for me but i can do other stuff lol

thanks again!!
---livingdeadgirl---

QueenBex
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario

Postby QueenBex » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:46 am

"much better to have a bottom that naturally flattens out than one that goes every which way when it's sitting on a surface" -RMDC

SunkistShiek
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Postby SunkistShiek » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:21 am

And to get the total stitches, you just multiply the height and width right? Because the number I got was astronomical and it made me doubt myself.
WIP

SunkistShiek
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Postby SunkistShiek » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:24 am

Because when you see 47,880, it seems like an astronomical number I guess.
WIP

no_need
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Postby no_need » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:27 am

Yeah, that's right - number of stitches wide x number of stitches high = total stitches. It adds up fast!
Current projects: 'Heroes' sketch, experiments with surface embroidery.

"We have to build the republic of heaven where we are, because for us there is no elsewhere."
--Philip Pullman, The Amber Spyglass

Return to “Patterns”