Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Sprite Stitch Pattern Wiki

Post your completed patterns here...
VioletUltra
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Re: Sprite Stitch Pattern Wiki

Post by VioletUltra »

It's been a while since I've been here! I went to check out the wiki, and it seems the subscription is expired?
:tri -Violet Ultra

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

VioletUltra wrote:It's been a while since I've been here! I went to check out the wiki, and it seems the subscription is expired?
Unfortunately it is, and we're currently looking for a new solution. However, all the pattern files are still here on the forums - the only drawback is having to search for them!
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

funkymonkey
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by funkymonkey »

It usually works better for me to google "spritestitch mario pattern" or something, than to try to use the forum's search, because it blocks words that are "too common"

QueenBex
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario

Post by QueenBex »

Could we possibly use Microsoft Access to create a database of patterns and set up a sharepoint to allow people to use it?

This way the settings could be changed and the list reviewed and changed easily and then synced to the sharepoint site.

Unless I've not understood how Access works...
"much better to have a bottom that naturally flattens out than one that goes every which way when it's sitting on a surface" -RMDC

Eliste
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Eliste »

Or even google sheets?

QueenBex
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario

Post by QueenBex »

Eliste wrote:Or even google sheets?
Is that what we use for the charity quilt thing? Cos that would be good, as most of us know how to use it anyway.
"much better to have a bottom that naturally flattens out than one that goes every which way when it's sitting on a surface" -RMDC

Servotron
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by Servotron »

funkymonkey wrote:It usually works better for me to google "spritestitch mario pattern" or something, than to try to use the forum's search, because it blocks words that are "too common"
I wonder if we can put a google search bar on the front page if it is better to search using google
Image Image Image Image

funkymonkey
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by funkymonkey »

Is anyone actively pursuing a new free wiki option, or would anyone mind if I set one up?

The ones I'm considering are: https://meta.orain.org/wiki/Main_Page and http://www.wikia.com/Wikia

Orain looks just like Wikipedia; and doesn't have ads on free accounts. Upside- the familiar layout to wikipedia may help new users. The downside is i'm not sure how user-friendly the editor may be; I think you may have to use HTML to edit pages. I wouldn't have a problem with this; but it may limit wiki contributors to more tech-savvy members. Also, it may be less customizable if we do care to make it look our own.

Wikia can look flashy, but it may have ads. Their site is a bit unclear on that. Here's an example wiki: http://nintendo.wikia.com/, and one that's taken a more customized approach: http://halo.wikia.com/

Wikispaces (our old wiki) says you can export the content of your expired wiki, so we should be able to start a new one without losing our old content.

Unless anyone is opposed, I will try starting a wikia page and see if it will work for us.

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

funkymonkey wrote:Is anyone actively pursuing a new free wiki option, or would anyone mind if I set one up?
I've been looking into it, but couldn't decide whether to go down the wiki road or pursue a different approach.

Feel free to set something up, I'll be glad to help whenever I have free time. :)
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

RMDC
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by RMDC »

I'll contribute at least a little as well if the ball gets rolling!
Mostly hibernating here. Find me on Twitter @rmdcade.