Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Portal Patterns

Post your completed patterns here...
katdun
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Re: Portal Patterns

Post by katdun »

FTGOttawa wrote:My question to you all is what color scheme is best? Black/white or black/blue? I bought some 14 count Aida in black (should I have bought white?) but I'm stuck on the pattern color. I'd like to be true to the game but I've seen the icons in many variations. Can you help me out please!
Eggmosh used this pattern and added color stitches into it on this thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4029 I think that colored stitching (or even white stitches) would look pretty cool on the black aida. :nod Just make sure you have a good light when you start stitching if you use the black aida (It can really put a strain on your eyes! :cray:).
Current Projects:
Pen Pals!
Sprite Stitch Swap!
Learning to crochet!

bikyclist
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by bikyclist »

katdun wrote:
FTGOttawa wrote:My question to you all is what color scheme is best? Black/white or black/blue? I bought some 14 count Aida in black (should I have bought white?) but I'm stuck on the pattern color. I'd like to be true to the game but I've seen the icons in many variations. Can you help me out please!
Eggmosh used this pattern and added color stitches into it on this thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4029 I think that colored stitching (or even white stitches) would look pretty cool on the black aida. :nod Just make sure you have a good light when you start stitching if you use the black aida (It can really put a strain on your eyes! :cray:).

The game uses black on white for these in-game, but blue on black is often used, because the logo/title screen: (http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-VVAPJ-RC1dM/T ... lAlive.jpg), so you could do a combination of white and blue on the black if you wanted to!

FTGOttawa
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by FTGOttawa »

Thank you both!! I've begun my first block (cake) in blue thread on black aida. I think I'll also do a few in white and black as suggested.
Cheers!
~H

bikyclist
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by bikyclist »

FTGOttawa wrote:Thank you both!! I've begun my first block (cake) in blue thread on black aida. I think I'll also do a few in white and black as suggested.
Cheers!
~H

Awesome, post them when you're done, I'd love to see them :)

sambrea
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by sambrea »

I just finished my own take on this pattern and posted it at viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14721

SonnySplendor
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by SonnySplendor »

Thanks for these patterns!! I just added them to my "To Stitch" list.. :D
Current WIP:
Designing my own sampler
Metroid samus save station
Fallout Pipboy screen

NMRaymond
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by NMRaymond »

Super excited to find these! I recently purchased Portal 2 online, and I'm super pumped to start playing it. I've seen these icons stitched before and I've always thought they looked sweet. I'm thinking about using some variegated floss - maybe on black or white... maybe a blanket could work out too... the possibilities. :yahoo:
Current Projects:
Epic Pokemon Generation I
Game of Mushroom Kingdoms
"When Fandom Collides" Bag

Coming Soon:
Disney Mickey Villains
Wonder Woman Typography
...So Many More

One stitch at a time.

Clarington
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Clarington »

NMRaymond wrote:Super excited to find these! I recently purchased Portal 2 online, and I'm super pumped to start playing it. I've seen these icons stitched before and I've always thought they looked sweet. I'm thinking about using some variegated floss - maybe on black or white... maybe a blanket could work out too... the possibilities. :yahoo:
Love these patterns! Portal 2 is one of my all time favourite games. I'm always so excited when someone new starts to play it.
Hope you manage to pull yourself away from the game long enough to start these stitchings. And be sure to post progress shots when you do :)
I'm gettin' bloggy: http://craftscapades.com/

CraftySasha
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by CraftySasha »

Portal 2 is one of my favorite games, too! I have downloaded these patterns, but sadly just haven't had a chance to stitch them up. I love seeing others' progress, though!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/CraftySasha
http://craftysasha.blogspot.com/

Current Projects:
Pixelhobby Super Mario 3 - World Map 1
Biggest Cross Stitch EVER - 22m long kit of "Along the River During the Qingming Festival" (Page 2&3/279)