Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Final Fantasy Rikku

Post your completed patterns here...
Ploegette
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Final Fantasy Rikku

Post by Ploegette »

I wasn't going to post this pattern here quite yet because it could very well be my next project but I decided that I would be nice and share it because even if I don't do it I would love to see someone else do it.

18 Count Aida
139 stitches wide X 192 high
Total colours: 67
Total stitches: 26 668

She looks great! I love how well she turned out and any final fantasy fan will love it!

RikuCropped.sth
(176.46 KiB) Downloaded 620 times
RikuCropped.pdf
(960.56 KiB) Downloaded 912 times
- Ploegette -
- My Stitching Blog -

I named him Waggleton P. Tallylicker. | I'm not bipolar I'm bi-WINNING!

kdg0189
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Re: Final Fantasy Rikku

Post by kdg0189 »

Does anyone have a picture of what this looks like when it's done? I started working on it and I'm doing her face right now but it looks kinda blotchy so I want to make sure I'm doing it right. I'm following the pattern but mine just looks kinda off to me.

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

kdg0189 wrote:Does anyone have a picture of what this looks like when it's done? I started working on it and I'm doing her face right now but it looks kinda blotchy so I want to make sure I'm doing it right. I'm following the pattern but mine just looks kinda off to me.
Do you have a photo of your work you could upload? :)
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

kdg0189
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by kdg0189 »

blackmageheart wrote:
kdg0189 wrote:Does anyone have a picture of what this looks like when it's done? I started working on it and I'm doing her face right now but it looks kinda blotchy so I want to make sure I'm doing it right. I'm following the pattern but mine just looks kinda off to me.
Do you have a photo of your work you could upload? :)
This is what I have done so far. One of the eyes is done and the one cheek is but they look weird. The cheek just looks blotchy and it doesn't really look like skin. I've done cross stitches before and followed patterns just fine and I've been following this one but it just doesn't seem to look the the picture it was based on. I haven't seen the finished product anywhere so I'm not sure if it's just supposed to look this way or not.

I don't know how to post a picture on here so I just posted a link to it.

http://imgur.com/TC8oNfL

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Thank you for posting the link!

I think your problem with it is that it's not finished - in my own experience I've found that faces like Rikku's do look blotchy or a bit off until it's all filled in and the surrounding stitches are done.
So...my advice would be to stick with it for a while, try and get some more done and see how it looks when there's less white in and around her face! And please do come back to update, because I would love to see your progress!
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

kdg0189
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by kdg0189 »

Thank you. I plan on finishing page 1 to see how the face turns out and go from there. I'll post a picture once I have finished the first page and get your opinion on it. If I can figure out how to make the images show up on here I can post a picture of a cross stitch I finished and framed that looks really nice.

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

When you're posting, below the text area is a tab that says "Upload attachment" - choose a file, add the file and place it inline (in the post body) to post a picture. :)

I'll be happy to look at your progress and help in any way I can!

kdg0189
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by kdg0189 »

Unfortunately I haven't had much time to work on it the past week. I made some progress and plan on working on it more today and hopefully finishing the first page. It's looking more like a face but still looks off to me and doesn't look like Rikku yet. All the colors seem so much darker than the original picture. Sorry the picture is so big, can't figure out how to resize it.
20160521_113836.jpg
20160521_113836.jpg (5.22 MiB) Viewed 6583 times

kdg0189
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by kdg0189 »

I'm almost done with the first page now. Just have a few more spots to fill in. I can't figure out how to make the picture smaller so I posted it on imgur again instead.

http://imgur.com/TbLKd9l

Lalina
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by Lalina »

Ooo that is coming along really nicely :yahoo: I really like that it's focused on the eyes right now
Current Projects:
- Game of Thrones/Mario World Mash-up (cross-stitch)