Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Wanton Destruction - Sam & Max

Post your completed patterns here...
kuja.girl
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Wanton Destruction - Sam & Max

Post by kuja.girl »

Before anyone else says it - Yes I know the image is from the end of the game and the quote is from the start of the game. It's a great quote and Servotron has already made a screen-cap pattern with it but I wanted to do something different...

This took a lot of work to make - and I'm going to warn you - this is not an easy pattern. Please read the last page of the PDF for more details and feel free to contact me if you have trouble with it.
This pattern uses the following stitches:
- cross stitch - backstitch
- quarter stitch - three-quarter stitch
Because it uses quarter stiches this pattern should be stitched on even-weave or linen.
The pattern is graphed out for 14 count fabric - I stitched over 2 on 28 count black linen - finished size is roughly 6" x 7"
finished
finished
WEB-stitches.jpg (287.41 KiB) Viewed 5227 times
Image file with key...
Spoiler
image w. key
image w. key
Wanton Destruction - Sam & Max.png (490.55 KiB) Viewed 5187 times
PDF with instructions.
Attachments
Wanton Destruction - Sam & Max.pdf
PDF
(195.83 KiB) Downloaded 442 times
| | | | | peace is but a shadow of death... | | | | | Blog: http://t3chn0crafter.wordpress.com | | | | |

Slipstreamed
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Re: Wanton Destruction - Sam & Max

Post by Slipstreamed »

The multiple types of stitches do make it more difficult but makes the finished product so much more "realistic" as realistic as an animation can be I mean :)

kuja.girl
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by kuja.girl »

Yep!
Using quarter stitches and backstitch was the only way to keep the image crisp after I resized it. This photo really doesn't do it justice - it looks much more awesome in person.
| | | | | peace is but a shadow of death... | | | | | Blog: http://t3chn0crafter.wordpress.com | | | | |

Sammich
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by Sammich »

That's amazing! If I had the skills and materials to stitch this I would in a heartbeat.