Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Zelda: A Link to the Past Map (Dark World)

Post your completed patterns here...
jimhershner
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Re: Zelda: A Link to the Past Map (Dark World)

Post by jimhershner »

DMLC- Thank you for linking the DMC chart. The colors don't match exactly (real life vs computer screen) but my worries are lessened because some of the other colors are off too.

Techno-ninja- Thank you for the PDF. You have helped my neck (and eyes and sanity) greatly.

lpgeorge123
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by lpgeorge123 »

jimhershner wrote:DMLC- Thank you for linking the DMC chart. The colors don't match exactly (real life vs computer screen) but my worries are lessened because some of the other colors are off too.

Techno-ninja- Thank you for the PDF. You have helped my neck (and eyes and sanity) greatly.

How far did you get into this pattern? I liked the greenish tint to the clouds that you were concerned about, however I'm not too sure about the color of the grass. It's the "<" symbol, and it lists DMC 3012. I've stitched it in a few spots to see how I like it, but it still seems too brown to me, and it doesn't have enough contrast with the other colors. I can't decide if I should change it, or leave it as is because often colors look odd at first but then they work out (which is what happened for the greenish clouds in my case). I think 3012 looks fine in bright natural light, but under lamp light it looks odd.

So I'm wondering if you changed the color of the grass, or of any other spots in the pattern.

lolivia
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by lolivia »

wonderfull !!!
thank you so much :good:

viki.adams1984
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by viki.adams1984 »

Wow this is fantastic

JulieK
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by JulieK »

Not sure if this is a good place to post this. But here is my progress so far
Spoiler
darkworld.jpg
darkworld.jpg (417.02 KiB) Viewed 5820 times
Taken a bit of a break on it for a while after completing the light world by doing a different project.

I think the colours are coming out OK but I had to adjust one of the greens slightly.

Julie

lpgeorge123
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by lpgeorge123 »

JulieK wrote:I think the colours are coming out OK but I had to adjust one of the greens slightly.
I ended up following the pattern exactly and using the colors that are listed. At first some of them looked really weird. But once the other colors were added in it seemed to work out. This pattern was hard to eyeball as it was in progress because it's a lot of shades of green and brown. Working on the pyramid was one of my favorite parts!

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

You progress looks great! What a fun color of aida!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

JulieK
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by JulieK »

lpgeorge123 wrote:
JulieK wrote:I think the colours are coming out OK but I had to adjust one of the greens slightly.
I ended up following the pattern exactly and using the colors that are listed. At first some of them looked really weird. But once the other colors were added in it seemed to work out. This pattern was hard to eyeball as it was in progress because it's a lot of shades of green and brown. Working on the pyramid was one of my favorite parts!
i was going to do this - however two of my shades of green were almost exactly the same - I think it was because I had to use a conversion chart for a couple of the colours and so they needed correcting.
Firehawke wrote:You progress looks great! What a fun color of aida!
I thought that too! I love working on coloured aidas, I find the starkness of white very hard on the eyes when it comes to stitching. The light world was on a dark blue colour.

I have worked on it a little more since this image - so it has grown a small amount.

Julie

JulieK
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by JulieK »

Sorted my colours out so that they are all DMC (I found the ones that were off were the anchor colour equivalents I was using - some of the conversions are much closer than others!)

I finished the light world and this one is coming along nicely :) I took a bit of a break and stitched something different in between but I haven't found I am bored having stitched the light world and repeating a similar image in different colours. I think I actually prefer stitching this one.

The camera has altered the colours slightly.
darkworld.jpg
darkworld.jpg (353.76 KiB) Viewed 5599 times
Julie

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Yay...love the update! Keep up the great work!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson