Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Eeyore & bees from Janlynn

Post your completed patterns here...
stormyyskyy
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Eeyore & bees from Janlynn

Post by stormyyskyy »

So i bought, opened, & started this kit a year ago for my MIL, & since then I've moved twice & lost the chart...go figure. Since I was only 3 rows done on the nose, i decided to start over with a pattern i made from a VERY nice pic of the project. I used the KG Chart program to do it, & it's only about 10 colors, but listed that there are 15,157 stitches to complete it. I'm gonna start this, but if someone can help me make sure it fits the original 5"x7" area that'd be awesome.
here is the original picture that i used
Spoiler
the photo in jpeg format for those without the program (although i reccommend that you get it since it's completely free)
Spoiler
and finally the color listing.
Spoiler
i tried to use the same colors as in the kit, but i did change the brown (DMC #433) in the hair & tail to black (DMC #610) and the medium fuschia (DMC #603) on the bow to red (DMC #666). Also, white has been changed by DMC from #000 to #BLANC. understandable since they are made in France & that's the french word for white. I will try to post some WIP here & my completed project when i get going.

edit: so i figured out that if i were to stitch this pattern at that size, it'd be HUGE. I only have enough room for 105 stitches across, so i've been trying to figure out how to "dumb" down the photo i have to get the resulting xstitch to have only around 10-15 colors (as opposed to the 36 it started out with that made it look like the blue bee was actually smiling instead of being striped). i'm almost done w the dumb version, i'm working on turning all the black pixels actually black & not just looking like it (i dont want any surprises when i import the pic into the program). i'll repost when i get it ALL done so that it's not a huge project.
Attachments
Eeyore & bees.sth
(30.55 KiB) Downloaded 380 times
It is the things we do in life that make us who we are.