Epic Mario Thru the Ages Pattern

Post your completed patterns here...
User avatar
funkymonkey
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Posts: 1171
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:21 am
Location: TX
Contact:

Re: Epic Mario Thru the Ages Pattern

Postby funkymonkey » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:27 am

No problem! Glad you like them!

berry999 - lookin good!

kellysouthpaw
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:48 pm
Location: Wyoming, MI

Re: Epic Mario Thru the Ages Pattern

Postby kellysouthpaw » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:22 am

Here are the pictures, as promised! I know they don't look all that great, but I haven't been cross-stitching for that long...at least I'm having fun doing it! :yahoo:
Attachments
part2.jpg
part2.jpg (105.97 KiB) Viewed 3394 times
part1.jpg
part1.jpg (166.9 KiB) Viewed 3394 times
Current Projects
Super Mario World Mini-Map: SPECIAL (50%)
Game of Mushroom Kingdoms (5%)


Future Projects
Super Mario World Map
SMW Mini-Maps: Yoshi Map, Vanilla Dome, Forest of Illusion, Bowser Map, Star Road


Finished
Epic Mario Through The Ages

User avatar
kuja.girl
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Posts: 1306
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:19 pm
Location: Iowa, USA
Contact:

Re: Epic Mario Thru the Ages Pattern

Postby kuja.girl » Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:23 pm

Looking good! :) Someday I may yet do one of these myself.
| | | | | peace is but a shadow of death... | | | | | Blog: http://t3chn0crafter.wordpress.com | | | | |

StitchWitch
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:24 pm
Location: Saint Paul, Minnesota
Contact:

Re: Epic Mario Thru the Ages Pattern

Postby StitchWitch » Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:20 pm

kuja.girl wrote:Looking good! :) Someday I may yet do one of these myself.
Go for it! It's quite fun when you've got a few characters completed. Some of the flooring levels are annoying, but then you can reward yourself with a nice dose of Mario Power Up.

kellysouthpaw
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:48 pm
Location: Wyoming, MI

Re: Epic Mario Thru the Ages Pattern

Postby kellysouthpaw » Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:13 am

StitchWitch wrote:Go for it! It's quite fun when you've got a few characters completed. Some of the flooring levels are annoying, but then you can reward yourself with a nice dose of Mario Power Up.


Exactly!
Current Projects
Super Mario World Mini-Map: SPECIAL (50%)
Game of Mushroom Kingdoms (5%)


Future Projects
Super Mario World Map
SMW Mini-Maps: Yoshi Map, Vanilla Dome, Forest of Illusion, Bowser Map, Star Road


Finished
Epic Mario Through The Ages

User avatar
kuja.girl
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Posts: 1306
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:19 pm
Location: Iowa, USA
Contact:

Re: Epic Mario Thru the Ages Pattern

Postby kuja.girl » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:06 am

StitchWitch wrote:
kuja.girl wrote:Looking good! :) Someday I may yet do one of these myself.
Go for it! It's quite fun when you've got a few characters completed. Some of the flooring levels are annoying, but then you can reward yourself with a nice dose of Mario Power Up.


LMAO - well at least it sounds like the pattern has good pacing. My biggest problem with this is that I love the concept (which i why I made it) but frankly I don't love most of the Super Mario games. SMB3 and SMW will always hold a dear place in my heart though.
| | | | | peace is but a shadow of death... | | | | | Blog: http://t3chn0crafter.wordpress.com | | | | |

User avatar
funkymonkey
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Posts: 1171
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:21 am
Location: TX
Contact:

Re: Epic Mario Thru the Ages Pattern

Postby funkymonkey » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:05 am

StitchWitch wrote:Go for it! It's quite fun when you've got a few characters completed. Some of the flooring levels are annoying, but then you can reward yourself with a nice dose of Mario Power Up.


That's exactly how I felt! The green grass with black dots drove me crazy, but then I'd reward myself with a character after a day of monotony.

User avatar
LucyInTheSky
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Posts: 438
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:30 pm
Location: Seattle, WA
Contact:

Re: Epic Mario Thru the Ages Pattern

Postby LucyInTheSky » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:04 pm

I just downloaded Funky Monkey's revision pattern. Super excited to do this. I'm not familiar with PC Stitch... is there somewhere where it has the total stitches for each color? I want to get an idea of how many skeins to buy. Gracias!
Check out my blog: GorramQuilts.com

User avatar
funkymonkey
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Posts: 1171
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:21 am
Location: TX
Contact:

Re: Epic Mario Thru the Ages Pattern

Postby funkymonkey » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:53 pm

LucyInTheSky wrote:I just downloaded Funky Monkey's revision pattern. Super excited to do this. I'm not familiar with PC Stitch... is there somewhere where it has the total stitches for each color? I want to get an idea of how many skeins to buy. Gracias!


If you to go Print, then click the Information Sheet tab, you can click the check box for stitch count and skeins needed.

I've attached a pdf of the info for the revised pattern if anyone wants it that doesn't have PC Stitch. I think it is fairly accurate; I just bought one skein of everything I needed at the beginning, and only had to get more black, green, and brick as I recall. I probably already had extra white. This is assuming you are using 2 strands.
Attachments
StitchCount.pdf
(32.3 KiB) Downloaded 741 times

User avatar
kuja.girl
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Posts: 1306
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:19 pm
Location: Iowa, USA
Contact:

Re: Epic Mario Thru the Ages Pattern

Postby kuja.girl » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:34 am

funkymonkey wrote: think it is fairly accurate; I just bought one skein of everything I needed at the beginning, and only had to get more black, green, and brick as I recall. I probably already had extra white. This is assuming you are using 2 strands.


Only one skein each?!?! Oh wait... there are like 50 colors now it makes sense.
| | | | | peace is but a shadow of death... | | | | | Blog: http://t3chn0crafter.wordpress.com | | | | |

Return to “Patterns”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests