Epic Mario Thru the Ages Pattern

Post your completed patterns here...
LucyInTheSky
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Re: Epic Mario Thru the Ages Pattern

Post by LucyInTheSky »

funkymonkey wrote:
LucyInTheSky wrote:I just downloaded Funky Monkey's revision pattern. Super excited to do this. I'm not familiar with PC Stitch... is there somewhere where it has the total stitches for each color? I want to get an idea of how many skeins to buy. Gracias!
If you to go Print, then click the Information Sheet tab, you can click the check box for stitch count and skeins needed.

I've attached a pdf of the info for the revised pattern if anyone wants it that doesn't have PC Stitch. I think it is fairly accurate; I just bought one skein of everything I needed at the beginning, and only had to get more black, green, and brick as I recall. I probably already had extra white. This is assuming you are using 2 strands.
Thank you for your help and the new PDF. Well, I think I am about to start my Floss collection... 50 skeins, most of which you don't use all of... that's crazy :)
Check out my blog: GorramQuilts.com

LucyInTheSky
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by LucyInTheSky »

Also, funkymonkey, if I can't find a Blue Aida/other brand I like, would you consider dyeing (pause to confirm the right spelling) one for me like you did for your project? And roughly how much would you charge? I fell in love with the blue background on yours, and I seem to remember my Joanns and Michaels only having a very very light blue
Check out my blog: GorramQuilts.com

funkymonkey
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by funkymonkey »

LucyInTheSky wrote:Also, funkymonkey, if I can't find a Blue Aida/other brand I like, would you consider dyeing (pause to confirm the right spelling) one for me like you did for your project? And roughly how much would you charge? I fell in love with the blue background on yours, and I seem to remember my Joanns and Michaels only having a very very light blue

Sure! I'll PM you.

Mom-mii
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by Mom-mii »

I've started working on this, and I have a question. I'm on page 1, and have finished the word "Mario" and am ready to start the first Mario's skin. It calls for DMC 741, and that just seems so orangey. For the ones who have finished/are working on this, did you use that color? Are you satisfied with it?

funkymonkey
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by funkymonkey »

Mom-mii wrote:I've started working on this, and I have a question. I'm on page 1, and have finished the word "Mario" and am ready to start the first Mario's skin. It calls for DMC 741, and that just seems so orangey. For the ones who have finished/are working on this, did you use that color? Are you satisfied with it?
I thought the same thing when I started it, but I think it looks fine in the end.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2269&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=82

Mom-mii
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by Mom-mii »

funkymonkey wrote:
Mom-mii wrote:I've started working on this, and I have a question. I'm on page 1, and have finished the word "Mario" and am ready to start the first Mario's skin. It calls for DMC 741, and that just seems so orangey. For the ones who have finished/are working on this, did you use that color? Are you satisfied with it?
I thought the same thing when I started it, but I think it looks fine in the end.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2269&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=82

Thank you! I feel better about it now. Isn't it funny how a color can look so "off" but when it's all stitched together it looks perfect LOL?

CrazyCucco11
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by CrazyCucco11 »

kellysouthpaw wrote:Here are the pictures, as promised! I know they don't look all that great, but I haven't been cross-stitching for that long...at least I'm having fun doing it! :yahoo:
wow! that looks awesome on the light blue background!
Time passes, people move, like a rivers' flow, it never ends...
-Sheik

Current Project:
RMDC's Ballad of the Wind Fish

Next Projects:
Hunting for a cool Dr. Who bookmark...

kellysouthpaw
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by kellysouthpaw »

CrazyCucco11 wrote:
kellysouthpaw wrote:Here are the pictures, as promised! I know they don't look all that great, but I haven't been cross-stitching for that long...at least I'm having fun doing it! :yahoo:
wow! that looks awesome on the light blue background!
I really do love how it is turning out. I was too afraid to dye the fabric like FunkyMonkey, so I bought 4 of the "polar ice" aida cloth and split up the design into four pieces.

But I feel silly now being too afraid to dye the fabric. I dyed my first aida cloth over the weekend for the Super Mario World Map and it turned out really great! I had to mix a couple of colors to get a good blue, but it came out pretty close, I think! And it was REALLY easy!!
Current Projects
Super Mario World Mini-Map: SPECIAL (50%)
Game of Mushroom Kingdoms (5%)

Future Projects
Super Mario World Map
SMW Mini-Maps: Yoshi Map, Vanilla Dome, Forest of Illusion, Bowser Map, Star Road

Finished
Epic Mario Through The Ages

funkymonkey
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by funkymonkey »

I also just bought 2 shades of blue dye to try my for my Super Mario World water; did you just combine both dyes into the water at the same time or dye one then the other?

kellysouthpaw
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by kellysouthpaw »

Well, I was at Hobby Lobby and saw they had a NEW kind of dye called "Dyson". It was a powder, like Tulip, just a different brand. It said the color was "ocean blue" so I thought "That's gotta be the right color for the OCEAN in Super Mario World!"
Just in case, my husband convinced me to also buy a container of Rit liquid dye "evening blue".

In retrospect, just the "evening blue" color would have been the perfect color.

Anyway, I dyed, per the instructions, the fabric with the Dyson "Ocean Blue", but it actually came out this purple/blue. So my husband (he's quite crafty, himself) had me stop dying halfway through, went in the bathroom and washed it out in the tub as best he could, then he died it in the Rit "evening blue" dye for about 20 minutes. It came out a few shades darker than the correct shade of blue because of the "Ocean Blue", but it looks pretty good anyway, I think! It will give a bit starker contrast with the white waves.

But if I were to give a piece of advice to someone else who was going to try to dye it, I think the liquid Rit dye, shade "evening blue" would give the perfect shade! Just as easy as the powder dye - you just follow the directions on the back!
Current Projects
Super Mario World Mini-Map: SPECIAL (50%)
Game of Mushroom Kingdoms (5%)

Future Projects
Super Mario World Map
SMW Mini-Maps: Yoshi Map, Vanilla Dome, Forest of Illusion, Bowser Map, Star Road

Finished
Epic Mario Through The Ages