Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Epic Mario Thru the Ages Pattern

Post your completed patterns here...
SuperTina320
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Re: Epic Mario Thru the Ages Pattern

Post by SuperTina320 »

I've Been stitching this for a little over a month now. I've gotten to the end of row three where it calls for 740 as the ground color. This is definitely way too orange for me. I was hesitant with the orange in the Mario's, and I see that those turned out good looking, but I just can't accept this ground color. Has anyone else changed these colors, and if so, to what? When I get home from work later I'm going to try to figure it out, but it's always nice to have different opinions.

funkymonkey
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by funkymonkey »

http://images.eknightmusic.com/finished-l.jpg is the picture of mine from right when I finished it. The orange is bright, but it looks correct to my memory of the game.
Last edited by funkymonkey on Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

kuja.girl
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by kuja.girl »

I remember the sand being more ocher than orange (in the game) but I think it looks ok on the pattern when it's finished.
Is 781/782 too brown? Those are the ones I thought of... I didn't map the colors so I haven't looked too carefully at what the suggested colors are.
| | | | | peace is but a shadow of death... | | | | | Blog: http://t3chn0crafter.wordpress.com | | | | |

SuperTina320
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by SuperTina320 »

Thank you both for your input. I might sleep on it and let my dog Franky decide in the morning. :0) Or I'll let my unborn Baby Malcolm lead the way as it has for the past few weeks :)

kuja.girl
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by kuja.girl »

Also here's the sprite sheet I took the background from - it's a yellow/orange color as far as I can tell. Good luck!
| | | | | peace is but a shadow of death... | | | | | Blog: http://t3chn0crafter.wordpress.com | | | | |

berry999
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by berry999 »

so I don't have a pic to post but i'm still working on it lol. I had a time there for a while that i wasn't really working on it but now I am again. It won't be done before xmas but oh well. I can shoot for his bday next year lol. November 2013. haha I am still enjoying it. I take it to work and work on it there and like 20 ppl want me to make one for them. lol its very popular. :D Thank you for uploading this awesome pattern :yahoo:

kuja.girl
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by kuja.girl »

Glad to hear that you are still working on it and that people are enjoying it.

LucyInTheSky
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by LucyInTheSky »

I've learned to trust the colors.

Also, on the bottom row, is anyone wondering how balloon Mario is going to get past spiney?? Every time I see that part, it's all I can think about :D
Check out my blog: GorramQuilts.com

kuja.girl
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by kuja.girl »

LucyInTheSky wrote:Also, on the bottom row, is anyone wondering how balloon Mario is going to get past spiney?? Every time I see that part, it's all I can think about :D
The epic tension is what makes it such a success...

kellysouthpaw
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by kellysouthpaw »

I just wanted to say that I'm still working on this pattern! I had to stop for awhile because life got in the way (moving, new job, the holidays, then I got ill...) but now I'm right back at it! I'd estimate I have another few months before it's 100% completed, but it's definitely getting there!! :clap:
Current Projects
Super Mario World Mini-Map: SPECIAL (50%)
Game of Mushroom Kingdoms (5%)

Future Projects
Super Mario World Map
SMW Mini-Maps: Yoshi Map, Vanilla Dome, Forest of Illusion, Bowser Map, Star Road

Finished
Epic Mario Through The Ages