Post by funkymonkey »

No problem! Glad you like them!

berry999 - lookin good!

kellysouthpaw
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Re: Epic Mario Thru the Ages Pattern

Post by kellysouthpaw »

Here are the pictures, as promised! I know they don't look all that great, but I haven't been cross-stitching for that long...at least I'm having fun doing it! :yahoo:
Attachments
part2.jpg
part2.jpg (105.97 KiB) Viewed 5853 times
part1.jpg
part1.jpg (166.9 KiB) Viewed 5853 times
Current Projects
Super Mario World Mini-Map: SPECIAL (50%)
Game of Mushroom Kingdoms (5%)

Future Projects
Super Mario World Map
SMW Mini-Maps: Yoshi Map, Vanilla Dome, Forest of Illusion, Bowser Map, Star Road

Finished
Epic Mario Through The Ages

kuja.girl
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by kuja.girl »

Looking good! :) Someday I may yet do one of these myself.
| | | | | peace is but a shadow of death... | | | | | Blog: http://t3chn0crafter.wordpress.com | | | | |

StitchWitch
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by StitchWitch »

kuja.girl wrote:Looking good! :) Someday I may yet do one of these myself.
Go for it! It's quite fun when you've got a few characters completed. Some of the flooring levels are annoying, but then you can reward yourself with a nice dose of Mario Power Up.

kellysouthpaw
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by kellysouthpaw »

StitchWitch wrote:Go for it! It's quite fun when you've got a few characters completed. Some of the flooring levels are annoying, but then you can reward yourself with a nice dose of Mario Power Up.
Exactly!
Current Projects
Super Mario World Mini-Map: SPECIAL (50%)
Game of Mushroom Kingdoms (5%)

Future Projects
Super Mario World Map
SMW Mini-Maps: Yoshi Map, Vanilla Dome, Forest of Illusion, Bowser Map, Star Road

Finished
Epic Mario Through The Ages

kuja.girl
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by kuja.girl »

StitchWitch wrote:
kuja.girl wrote:Looking good! :) Someday I may yet do one of these myself.
Go for it! It's quite fun when you've got a few characters completed. Some of the flooring levels are annoying, but then you can reward yourself with a nice dose of Mario Power Up.
LMAO - well at least it sounds like the pattern has good pacing. My biggest problem with this is that I love the concept (which i why I made it) but frankly I don't love most of the Super Mario games. SMB3 and SMW will always hold a dear place in my heart though.
| | | | | peace is but a shadow of death... | | | | | Blog: http://t3chn0crafter.wordpress.com | | | | |

funkymonkey
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by funkymonkey »

StitchWitch wrote:Go for it! It's quite fun when you've got a few characters completed. Some of the flooring levels are annoying, but then you can reward yourself with a nice dose of Mario Power Up.
That's exactly how I felt! The green grass with black dots drove me crazy, but then I'd reward myself with a character after a day of monotony.

LucyInTheSky
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by LucyInTheSky »

I just downloaded Funky Monkey's revision pattern. Super excited to do this. I'm not familiar with PC Stitch... is there somewhere where it has the total stitches for each color? I want to get an idea of how many skeins to buy. Gracias!
Check out my blog: GorramQuilts.com

funkymonkey
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by funkymonkey »

LucyInTheSky wrote:I just downloaded Funky Monkey's revision pattern. Super excited to do this. I'm not familiar with PC Stitch... is there somewhere where it has the total stitches for each color? I want to get an idea of how many skeins to buy. Gracias!
If you to go Print, then click the Information Sheet tab, you can click the check box for stitch count and skeins needed.

I've attached a pdf of the info for the revised pattern if anyone wants it that doesn't have PC Stitch. I think it is fairly accurate; I just bought one skein of everything I needed at the beginning, and only had to get more black, green, and brick as I recall. I probably already had extra white. This is assuming you are using 2 strands.
Attachments
StitchCount.pdf
(32.3 KiB) Downloaded 950 times

kuja.girl
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by kuja.girl »

funkymonkey wrote: think it is fairly accurate; I just bought one skein of everything I needed at the beginning, and only had to get more black, green, and brick as I recall. I probably already had extra white. This is assuming you are using 2 strands.
Only one skein each?!?! Oh wait... there are like 50 colors now it makes sense.