Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Pride & Prejudice with Zombies

Post your completed patterns here...
Asinine
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Pride & Prejudice with Zombies

Post by Asinine »

Based on the cover of my graphic novel that the hubby recently purchased for me:
pp&z.jpg
pp&z.jpg (17.69 KiB) Viewed 6664 times
I've made a pattern... it's pretty low on my to-do list, but maybe someone else would be interested in it sooner. :grin:

Pattern:
pp&z2.JPG
pp&z2.JPG (7.53 KiB) Viewed 6668 times
Infos: size 197x185ct (55.6x52.2cm or 21.9x20.5" on 18ct), 37 colors, 36445 stitches.
Attachments
pp&z.sth
(134.45 KiB) Downloaded 327 times
I'm too poor to pwn, so I r3nt.

ezsebeth
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Re: Pride & Prejudice with Zombies

Post by ezsebeth »

Haha, love the pattern.

I saw that book a few days ago. I almost bought it, is it good? =D
Epic Pokemon I: 6.8%

Asinine
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Asinine »

I've only got the comic bo.. I mean graphic novel. It's definitely an improvement over the original, but I was never really much of a fan of Jane Austen to begin with. I did enjoy reading it.
"Your sister Jane needs to be less guarded around Mister Bingley!
"She needs to show more affection than she feels -
"Bingley likes your sister undoubtedly - but he may never do much more than like her, if she doesn't help him on!"

"But she does help him on, as much as her nature will allow.
"Remember Charlotte - she is a warrior first, and a woman second."
Same great 19th century soap opera drama with logical reasoning.

riotpatch
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by riotpatch »

It literally is just like the title.
I really love Pride & Prejudice for whatever reason and the addition of zombies is a good excuse to reread it. =]
They are taking this gimmick a bit far though.
Do they plan to infuse the supernatural with all classic novels?
Last edited by riotpatch on Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shyama
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by Shyama »

I borrowed this book from my roommate to read this year.

I love zombies and enjoy classic literature from time to time, but this was not as good as I thought it would be. I felt that it didn't have a good flow to it. It felt a bit like Mr. Grahame-Smith went through the story and decided "I'll put a zombie fight here, here, and here. Here you go publishers!" While it was integrated within the story, it was so completely secondary it didn't even feel as if zombies should have been put in the title the way it is. More like Pride and Prejudice and Zombies On Occasion. When zombie heavy sections pop up it feels a bit awkward to me.

I've never read the original (although I recently discovered a copy in my parents basement this month) nor have I seen any of the number of movies and plays of the original, so I have no base for comparison there.

I'm not going to say, "don't waste your time," because your opinion could be completely different, but I would recommend buying it only if it's cheap or renting it from the library first. That being said, if anyone I know ever shows up with the graphic novel I would probably still read it... I'm stupid like that.

Asinine
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Asinine »

Shyama, your review is my exact thought on the original. I think the additions of zombies simply makes something irritating readable. (Then again, I *had* to read it in high school. And then we watched the god-awful British version that took three seconds short of forever to finish.)

I've seen the Kiera Knightly version since, which was way more appealing than the BBC version, but I was on a trans-Atlantic flight. Movies in that case always seem to be more appealing.

Zombified
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by Zombified »

I only liked it because of the zombie action. It made it readable. I tried reading (the original) before and I just couldn't do it, and I'm a avid reader.