Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Epic Pokemon Pattern Generation II

Post your completed patterns here...
icedragonj
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Re: Epic Pokemon Pattern Generation II

Post by icedragonj »

Update time! I have been really getting stuck into this over my uni break. Got all the white done, and started doing the colour againg from the bottom, as I figured it would be easier to start from this end because of the way they all overlap. Got all the starter sets done!
Spoiler
DSCN2934.JPG
DSCN2934.JPG (473.32 KiB) Viewed 6360 times
I am ignoring pretty much all of the colour recomendations, so don't use mine as a guide to what the colour choices looks like... I just want to minimise the amount of new colours I have to buy. Anyway, time to get started on sentreet and furret :grin:
I am known across campus as "The girl who knits in lectures"

La Ptite Bete
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by La Ptite Bete »

It looks great so far !!! :clapping: and the colors are really nice
My blog
Current cross stitch projects :
None.

smoni
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by smoni »

So I've had a bit of a break since doing Pokémon Gen I and I'm keen to start this one over summer.

However, I want to change the background to be a solid colour. I thought about doing it the same as Gen I, the pale blue (DMC 157), however that is exactly the same colour as Lugia, and looks a bit odd.

So, I have two questions:
Firstly, any recommendations for a pastel background colour? I was thinking a green, and the one that caught my eye was 472, but I will happily defer to those with more expertise than I.

Secondly, is there any easy way to edit the background? Obviously there's the fill tool, which works for the top, but it's going to be tricky to find all the gaps...

blackberrybear
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by blackberrybear »

smoni wrote:
Secondly, is there any easy way to edit the background? Obviously there's the fill tool, which works for the top, but it's going to be tricky to find all the gaps...
Edit as you stitch?

Sheepish
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Sheepish »

If I ever do these I'm just getting dyed fabric instead of stitching the background. I can't even call it lazy since the background is like 1% of the project.