Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Pit Pattern

Post your completed patterns here...
Amanda
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Re: Pit Pattern

Post by Amanda »

When I started stitching (oh, about 10 or so years ago now) all patterns were in the black and white symbols...I didn't see a color one until a year or two after I started making my own patterns.
"You can buy everything but love, friendship, and experience points." - Earthbound

"Impossible is just a word to let people feel good about themselves when they quit." - Vyse, Skies of Arcadia

Koeniou
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by Koeniou »

What I do is print the pattern in black and white and then use highlighters to add some colour/ease of reading to the pattern.

johloh
Site Admin

Post by johloh »

Koeniou wrote:What I do is print the pattern in black and white and then use highlighters to add some colour/ease of reading to the pattern.
not a bad idea...probably helps when reading from a little far away...I hate having to pick up the pattern to read it when I'm watching tv...
Image "I can't drive, so I'm gonna walk all over you!"

Koeniou
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by Koeniou »

The first time I did it my mum freaked a little (it was on a pattern from a kit). She thought I had ruined the pattern and would have to buy me a new kit (I was 10 at the time). Now she does it! Its great because you can get in your head "only doing yellow highlights today" makes it easy to find where you are on the chart.

Amanda
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by Amanda »

I use a couple strip magnets and a magnetic board to follow where I'm at...can put one magnet on each side of the line and then that's all I can see...great for those really confusing patterns!
"You can buy everything but love, friendship, and experience points." - Earthbound

"Impossible is just a word to let people feel good about themselves when they quit." - Vyse, Skies of Arcadia

Koeniou
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by Koeniou »

I tend to do big patterns and peg the pattern to the cross stitch (with tissues so as to not get marks on the fabric). I've tried to use boards but they bug me because I'm never use the same spot twice for cross stitching and have to pack it all away when I'm done so I need the portability.

jelibe
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by jelibe »

I've just ordered my thread for this pattern so I should start stitching it in a couple of days. Yeah!! :D
Image http://jelibe-spritegirl.blogspot.com/ Visit my little crafty blog!!

jelibe
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by jelibe »

I've started stitching this pattern now that I have all of the threads. I'm working with Anchor colours with this. I've done about an inch square so far which took me 3 1/2 hours to do. I think this is going to keep me busy for some time!! :blink:
Image http://jelibe-spritegirl.blogspot.com/ Visit my little crafty blog!!

johloh
Site Admin

Post by johloh »

great! cant wait to see the progress!!
Image "I can't drive, so I'm gonna walk all over you!"

spinuntilyoufall
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by spinuntilyoufall »

What game is this from? I'm organizing the Wiki and I figured almost everything else out except for this one...
Current Projects:
Star Wars Stitches!
Child's Play Squares